Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unboxing First Wagyu Brisket :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    rickgregory also, I guess I’ve seen Mishima at QFC. Saw wagyu label and thought price was crazy and didn’t buy

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    rickgregory also, I guess I’ve seen Mishima at QFC. Saw wagyu label and thought price was crazy and didn’t but

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve never done anything but prime brisket. Whole new experience :-)

• ofelles
    replied
    That's usually what I cook. I have never been disappointed with their Black Wagyu or any meat from them. And you're correct, the packaging is great

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    ecowper - I'll order some from Ecowper Meat Delivery

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    rickgregory I might have to make a trip to Houston to buy some. I could probably bring enough back on the plane, that my savings would equal my airplane ticket.

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    ecowper - not at the prices Troutman shows. They have a retail butcher on Westlake but... $$$$$$. QFC and Fred Meyer carry some of their steak stuff but again... $$$. No one local carries their brisket as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by rickgregory; October 14, 2021, 06:08 PM.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    My plan is to wait for the kid to request pastrami and go…well this is the best way to give the child pastrami given brisket prices have increased so much. I am really being very thoughtful here.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    That’s what I tell SWMBO but I don’t think she is sold yet. We will see where we end up.
    Last edited by STEbbq; October 14, 2021, 03:59 PM.

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Kurobuta chops in harissa marinade!!!

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I won't be cooking this one until Hannukah, so it's gonna be a wait :-)

That said, the price difference is so small, that I really couldn't pass on it.

• STEbbq
    replied
    Amazing. I was literally thinking the same thing the other day as we have no briskets in our freezer right now and doing the same math. But then I got distracted with the idea of cooking some picanha ,some bavette, teres major, or proper Dino ribs (never tried any before) which led me over to Crowd Cow and Porter Road. Now I am back wondering about if I need to pick up a sweet wagyu brisket to turn into pastrami.

I am interested to see how it turns out for you!
    Last edited by STEbbq; October 14, 2021, 03:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I'm going to check in and see if someone local carries Mishima. Their online shopping partner is Crowd Cow and we all know I just decided I was done with them.

That said, it's damn hard to pass up SRF. Well, except my local butcher carries Painted Hills!

• Troutman
    replied
    Love SRF products, can't go wrong. One purveyor that's from Washington state (I believe headquartered there in Seattle) is Mishima Reserve. They supply American Wagyu to our HEB grocery stores. I buy their briskets whenever they're available (last time was $6.99/#). You might want to check into them if you haven't already, I'm very happy with their form of AW.

Chefs are fanatical about flavor—they know culinary inspiration begins with the highest quality ingredients. With its beautiful color and intricate marbling, its melt-in-your-mouth tenderness and rich flavor, you’ll be inspired to create your own awe-inspiring meals for family and friends.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    That whole order looks like a win.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here