Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me spend my $100 Porter Road gift certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me spend my $100 Porter Road gift certificate

My in-laws got me a gift certificate to Porter Road for my birthday. Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with it. I just don't want to drop the whole thing on a brisket that turns out to be only marginally better than what I could get somewhere else for a lot less. I could use some advice from those who have experience with PR. TIA.

You need my address?

Ribeyes, if you like dry-aged.

Comment

Try a few cuts you haven’t tried before, at least that’s what I like to do. Especially if it’s a gift certificate. For me, the skirt steak, flank, flat iron, picanha if they have it. Those are the things I like to buy from these types of shops.

I’ve even picked up a few chuck roasts from PR and enjoyed it.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Brother, first of all! Many More!!!

Were I in yer shoes, I'd be lookin at me some Pork...

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          They do have some good pork. We buy their boneless pork chops. If you get an unacceptable end cut, one with too much fat, they will refund the price of that chop.

I think their chuck eye steaks are great, but hard to catch in stock when I’m wanting to order. I just ordered 5 more chuck roasts from them after going through 6 over the past year already. I ordered beef back ribs too, but haven’t tried them yet.

Comment

I looked at the site to see what was in stock- the hanger steak and bavette as well are both good cuts. But I really enjoy making board sauces with these kinds of cuts.

I’ve also ordered some sausage from them that was pretty good, I just don’t remember what it was specifically.

Comment

We love their lamb. Also just got a nice pichana from them recently. Happy Birthday!

Comment

While I haven’t ordered from them, I agree with getting something you can’t find locally.

Comment

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm an easy 2 hr drive from their brick and mortar store in Nashville, and I'm down that way periodically, so it's all kinda local.

Happy Birthday! For me it would be a tri-tip. That is a cut that is hard to find here and is one of my favorites.

Comment

• RichieB
                RichieB commented
                Editing a comment
                +1

+1 on Tri-Tip. Good stuff from them. Also Picanha and Teres Major are also great.

Happy Birthday!

Comment

From what I remember, $100 will get you your choice of either 1 hot dog or 1 ground beef patty - slider sized.

Do they have a sample pack?

Comment

Happy Birthday! Like said above, something different.

Comment

Happy Birthday! Maybe I can help with your agonizing decision and relieve some stress. I’m only trying to help, Steve.
                    Mail Certificate to:

Panhead John
                    Houston, Tex.
                    Last edited by Panhead John; April 24, 2021, 07:36 AM.

Comment

I really like their chuck roasts. They're pre trimmed and very nicely marbled. Just a week ago I did some beef short ribs of theirs. They call them Texas Short Ribs. These are the individually cut ribs, not a whole rack. Fantastic quality. Very big and meaty. Texas sized?

Comment

Congrats on the great gift! I think what I would do personally if I had the cash to blow is get two very similar steaks, one dry aged and one not, and do an A/B side by side taste test. Of course that won't eat up all $100 but that's for sure what I would plan with part of it.

Comment

• Steve R.
                          Steve R. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What I'm really hoping to do is get the absolute best bang for my buck, keeping in mind what PR is best at. But that's an idea.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here