Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry's Supermarket/butcher in Raleigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry's Supermarket/butcher in Raleigh

Has anybody tried the meats from Larry's in Raleigh? I see good reviews for them, but haven't ever been there myself yet and was wondering if it was worth the trek or not...?

I haven’t been but may have to check it out. Cliff’s Meat Market was unimpressive, Kings Red & White was a debacle, and the reviews for Toledo Butcher Shop are brutal. I’m striking out over here in Durham/Chapel Hill.

Comment

• DurhamBuckeye
      DurhamBuckeye commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. I've tried the butcher's market in Cary. Has good stuff, but is pricey. I should probably give King's another shot. I sent my wife there when they had cut up wings on sale. She brought home 6 pounds for a party, they were poorly cut and 5 pounds were drumettes. I was so angry I swore them off. but maybe that's not fair.

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess you might get lucky on a different day DurhamBuckeye. I really wanted to love Kings but the service was so bad I don’t plan on rolling the dice there again. Not a butcher exactly, but I’m really anxious for the Wegmans to go in over by Lowe’s and see what they have to offer. The one in Cary by the airport is supposed to open soon.

So much for my being able to look that direction, then....

Comment

I haven’t been there.

I’ve been to this place once. Seemed pretty good. Just high prices (typical of a craft butcher)

My in-laws live 5 min from there. I may stop by when I’m in Raleigh over Thanksgiving.

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        Another link (more direct to their site)

• Dan Deter
        Dan Deter commented
        Editing a comment
        I was just looking at their site earlier. They're not far from me, I need to go look in on them. Butcher's Market has good stuff, but pricey.

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a Butcher’s Market 5 min from my house in Charlotte. Ha! I’ve spent some money there! They are pretty good, but yeah, pricey. But, I think they may be the only place to be able to get plated beef ribs. They also have good sausages there. And local, unique beers.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here