Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Meats in Upstate NY:”Fred the Butcher”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luhnlaw
    commented on 's reply
    I represented Fred in a few matters before he moved out of Mechanicville. I sure do miss him, but Andy and David (son and partner) are doing a great job as keepers of the flame.

• efincoop
    replied
    I live just down the road from the original location! I haven't found anything I haven't liked. The lamb is always off the hook good and he carries a great selection of prime beef including brisket at competitive prices. Make sure if you have questions you get one of the seasoned guys. They have a lot of kids working the counter that aren't as knowledgeable as some of the more experienced (dare I say older) guys.

Leave a comment:

• W.A.
    replied
    Great butcher shop. The butcher was impressed I knew what tri tip was and how to cook it years ago.

Leave a comment:

• SonOfAButcher
    replied
    Before moving to South Carolina, I lived for many years in Clifton Park,NY..Got to know Fred pretty well..A true artisan...I agree..the best you will find anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• luhnlaw
    started a topic Best Meats in Upstate NY:”Fred the Butcher”

Best Meats in Upstate NY:”Fred the Butcher”

If you’re looking for the best selection of meats of all kinds (including incomparable Berkshire Pork) look no further than this establishment. Sadly, Fred is no longer with us but his meat ethic continues unabated, with his son and new partner keeping the torch lit. Located about midway between Albany and Saratoga Springs (and now in Slingerlands, NY), you can’t do better than this establishment. http://fredthebutcher.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here