Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Bull Prime Meats - Albuquerque, New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Bull Prime Meats - Albuquerque, New Mexico

I’ve been someone who has ordered his share of beef from various mail order websites and have enjoyed the product. But when I learned a local ranch about 60 miles from home had a shop in Albuquerque, I was ecstatic! Getting to try something locally raised and supporting local was exciting!

No Bull Prime Meats is exactly what you get, Prime Meat! They offer a great selection of beef, bison, pork, lamb, goat and chicken - along with a small freezer of duck and seafood. And the quality of the meat is top notch! The marbling on the beef is better than anything I have purchased in the past. I would compare this to American Wagyu style beef (take a look at the t-bone below, along with the other cuts from today’s purchase) I’ve tried a number of beef cuts over the past few months and have been happy with every cut.

They also have another side of the shop dedicated to items local to New Mexico - chile, pinto beans, honey, piñon, pistachio, chocolate and jerky. And they also have a small section of Italian goods for those looking for quality olive oil and pasta.

The service is top notch, each time I’ve been there, the owner has come out to say hello and the staff is great at asking what I’m looking for to provide recommendations.

Pricing is comparable to the mail order spots I’ve ordered from over the years but the quality of the meat is better in my opinion. The packaging is also better compared to what I’ve seen in the past from the mail orders. I don’t know if they ship out of state or not, but they are worth looking into.

For my fellow New Mexicans, we have a wonderful locally owned and raised ranch supplying some great products for you to cook up on the grill or smoker! And I believe they do local deliveries as well.

No Bull Prime Meats produces Prime beef, pork, lamb and goat, certified all-natural, in the state of New Mexico.

Click image for larger version

Name:	215462CC-D937-48F5-991E-12BBAE2A05F2.jpeg
Views:	525
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	950588

Name:	09124AEB-6E16-44BC-85C2-7DCADC376802.jpeg
Views:	671
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	950587

Please, oh please let barelfly be my Secret Santa! Awesome looking beef plus all those other things? How do you choose?

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      My credit card chose. Shoot! The tomahawk ribeye.....it was calling my name but....I passed this trip. It was gigantic though, probably 4” thick at least!

I’d also like to go back and get a few cuts of bison.

Sure wish I was in NM! I don’t see that they deliver far.

Comment

Ooooo. Nice steak. I’m envious.

Comment

Made a trip today back to No Bull Prime Meats. Picked up a few things for some cooks. Looking forward to this half brisket - want to see how it turns out prior to going full packer. Also excited for this tri tip and the skirt steak (beef and bison). This is the best meat I’ve had and love that it comes from a ranch about an hour from home.

Any of you in Albuquerque, they do free delivery and also mail order.

Name:	2A85F220-8D79-4F82-81F2-C4CA8DD386FD.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	1365628

Comment

I know there a number of online retailers that we all buy from, but thought I’d post this, as my main meat retailer that is local to me is now shipping nation wide. Their meat is fantastic! Some of the best I’ve had. they are a great shop, the owner Brett is a hoot to talk to. I’ve ran into a few times around town!

Name:	IMG_5412.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	1526641

Comment

Love the variety. $18.99 a pound plus shipping for brisket is pretty rough though. I assume pricing is much better in store?

Comment

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              That makes sense to me. I will take a look! It does look very awesome.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Just me and my experience and personal opinion talking here...but paying high dollar for a mega great brisket is a waste of money. Your average Sam's/Costco Prime or Choice will cook up magnificently.

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              Huskee - i agree. If I’m doing brisket, I go to Costco. I wanted to try the brisket, which is why I only got the point - only made it for the four of us.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here