Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deeply disappointed, but not Done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just get your Hot Guts, cook ‘em, eat ‘em and all your pain will go away. Them some good sausages!!!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      gcdmd Thanks, Doc!
      Tryin to maintain at least a toehold in what passes fer reality, nowadays...

Besides, wouldn't it be an embarrasin moment, if nobody could tell th difference?

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      What exactly is the origin/derivation of the term "hot guts"? Are hot guts any more "gutty" than any other sausage? Than menudo?

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s slang for hot German sausages originating in Elgin, Texas. Quite tasty.

Bones, if you can, I recommend picking up the shipment in the AM at UPS/FedEx. Just ask 'em (easy online) to hold the shipment for pickup. Be careful, sometimes a particular facility, like a UPS retail store, can't do that until the NEXT day cuz they don't receive the actual shipments, but must wait for the delivery truck to drop the package off at day's end--AFTER its deliveries. Pat attention to your pick-up date!

A bit of a pain, I know, but it increases your odds of getting cold meat. With USPS, the option isn't available best I know.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Have done before, an appreciate yer input, Brother...
      BUT, I personally feel that when payin Premium prices fer a meat product, havin it packaged, an shipped so that it arrives safely is a very reasonable minimum expectation...
      If sellers/shippers cain't make this happen, then they should, perhaps, choose another vocation...

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones I agree with your sentiments 100%...except...the difference between a "perfect world" and the real world is that, when I am counting on something edible to arrive in a timely manner and still be edible, I can violate perfection for reality. Two Crowd Cow shipments arriving at 65°F disappointed me enough that I did the early AM (third) pickup myself. OTOH, no more Crowd Cow summer orders for me. ;«)

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Reckon they'll git here safe, this time, or otherwise...

Must be somethin in the water brother! Aaaaannnnd not to mention that Goldbelly is pricey (to my pockets says the guy with 9 grills/smokers!!) Every time I look at their price list for items and shipping.. Have you received your order in a timely fashion this time? Was it wrapped in gold? Did they send someone in the box to heat it up for ya?
    So many expensive questions and not enough time..

Comment

Mr. Bones Did you ever get your second batch?

Comment

I did the same order about 10 days ago and they arrived within 2 days of shipping and as cold as they needed to be. However, I'm a little disappointed in the product. They're "OK", but nothing special. I ordered hot links, but what I received is kind of bland and not hot at all. Not sure if they misshipped or if Texas hot links are not really hot. What do you think texastweeter

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Doc's are very mild hotlinks by comparison to others. I usually dunk in their hot sauce (don't know if they shipped any) and then grill till the outsides are crispy. Serve with more hot sauce and saltines. If your looking for more burn, I can reckoned some others.

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          texastweeter they did send a bottle of their hot sauce, which is pretty good, but I didn't realize that was part of the process. I'll experiment further. And yes, I'd like to hear some of your recommendations.

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, follow-up: For lunch I did as texastweeter suggested with a waaaay better outcome. Might have even overdid it a bit. I had an intervening email exchange with Goldbelly and suggested that Doc's include a "cooking instructions" sheet or something with their shipments. You don't know what you don't know. And Goldbelly.com was very responsive. Not cheap, but very good if you're looking to try something "authentic" from a different part of the country
          Last edited by CaptainMike; June 13, 2019, 04:16 PM.

Yup, in answer to yalls question; they did ship out a replacement order...it arrived Wed, an temped out from 42.1° to 55.7°, upon my openin it up...
        Timcee NapMaster

I'll provide more details, later...busy week, an beddy bye bourbon time, here.

Comment

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Uh ... seems like a good time to have a frank discussion with them of the "otherwise" sort ... cut your losses and find yourself a more reliable purveyor of mail order proteins. Sorry you had to go through this, Bonesy ... 🤨👎🏿 ...

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          MBMorgan Yup, I agree...I've ordered from several other mail order providers, who've always gotten my products here in a safe, reliable fashion...these folks (Goldbelly) need to up their game, or find a new one...

• Timcee
          Timcee commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones .. not to mention they are on the high end price wise... A game upping is indeed in need!
          Glad you got the shipping and looking forward to details!

It's so difficult to buy / ship fresh foods during the summer months. Too much variability in the logistics situation.

Comment

Glad you finally got some satisfactory product.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here