Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hugo meat market. J Mortens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hugo meat market. J Mortens

USDA Grass fed Prime beef,duroc and berkshire pork also wagyu https://jmortensmeats.com/ the best!

I didn’t see anywhere they do online sales. Do they sell only in-store?

Comment

Four year member and first post? I guess a belated "welcome to the pit!" usually don't get over that way, but I'll be sure to check them out sometime.

Comment

That's only a 2.5 hour trip for me. I drove almost that far last winter to pick up a side of beef that was the 4H project of the son of one of my wife's coworkers. Worst thing is, I'd have to drive through St. Paul.

Comment

I am a little skeptical of the grass fed prime beef.. but they do seem to have a heck of a selection on cuts to choose from. That comparts pork is something else.. very good

Comment

• RichardCullip
            RichardCullip commented
            Editing a comment
            Likewise, I'm not sure grass-feed beef can actually get to a prime grade. Not enough marbling in my experience of buying grass-fed beef.

• Bogy
            Bogy commented
            Editing a comment
            Depends on if its grass fed period. For over 12 years I bought a side or whole beef that was grass fed, but finished on corn. Bought direct from the farm, so there was no grading, but great marbeling.

Welcome to the active side of The Pit.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
            Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Delighted to finally see yer smilin face, hope ya can be more active, Brother!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here