Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And we have some progress!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! That is great to hear!

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks spinaker. You have yet to grace the place with your presence!!😃😃. Oh and next year for secret Santa could ya pm me. I get a little busy that time of year and missed it again this year!!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I know! I need to stop by on my way up north!

Sorry you missed SS this year. I will make a not to PM you to make sure you are on the list!

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      I was just kidding about the pm . I know you have your own stuff going on.... Buuut if you happen to remember that would be awesome!!

That is a heck of a lot of processing, I don't care who you are. Really nice to hear of someone doing good in these times!

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup I definitely hit the right business for this Corona thing!!

That's great news. I'm glad you are doing what you like and doing well.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      I am!! Thanks

Congratulations! It's great to have a year under your belt. I'm betting you have a great following for the future.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      We are getting the word out that we are here but still get a couple people a week stopping in to see the place because they did no know we were here.

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      It's great to hear you compliment your loyal employees too. From my own experience I understand how important and wonderful that is to make a business so successful.

Last year we congratulated you on getting your building built and passing all the hurdles to be able to open up. This year, again congratulations for having a successful year and wishing you many more to come.

Comment

And just to say....a dream is only a thought....till ya make it happen....congratulations

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      That is true!! Thank you

Congrats friend! It's heartwarming to read positive things like this. Glad you, your family and your workers are doing good.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Week the kids don't care for the meat locker very much unless I am smoking hot dogs or beef sticks. It is possible they spent way too much time out there already.. oh well they won't have to look for a job in a few years!

Wow. This is really cool stuff.

What do you think the biggest lessons are that you have learned? What are you excited about for next year?

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks .. I learned I can't do it at this level by myself. That being said I had a couple unreliable employees at first but they will weed themselves out then you pay the good ones and treat them right. Good help is damn hard to find!! I am excited that I am in the process for getting licensed for retail.. I has been a learning process but I have 4-5 storefronts that want my products in.

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations on a successful first year! And thank you for taking us (virtually) along for the ride!

Comment

Congrats on having a dream, making a plan, following through, dealing with the unforeseen and adapting and managing the level of quality that you demand.
      Heck of a learning curve but I will say you did it with a great level of aplomb.
      Very impressive.

Comment

Well here we go again..the addition has begun..by this time next year we should be a USDA inspected slaughter and processing facility.. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220712_123013.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	1255031 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220628_072632_hdr.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	1255030 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220628_054927_hdr.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	1255032 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220628_064710.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	1255033 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220628_074439.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	1255034

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully you will have more help this time than the first building. I was amazed at your energy the first time around.

• Backroadmeats
          Backroadmeats commented
          Editing a comment
          Donw I am not doing anything but cutting up meat and making hot dogs. Paying people to put it up...

Oh man, pumper trucks are expensive... but I always tried to get one whenever I could. Done so many pours that would have come out better or used less dudes if we'd had a pumper.

What's the foamed area for? Never worked with that product before. Then again most of the work I've done was transportation based and not for structures.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
          Backroadmeats commented
          Editing a comment
          Freezer.. I can't get enough freezer space.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          Backroadmeats I was figuring that, just can't wrap my brain around a soft spot in the same thickness concrete. Can't wait to see it up and running!

That is cool stuff.

So you started out as a processor only but this addition will let you slaughter animals too? If so, why does adding slaughtering matter?

Comment

• Backroadmeats
          Backroadmeats commented
          Editing a comment
          I have been licensed for inspected slaughter for two years. We will on average 6-8 thousand pounds of animals a week

• Backroadmeats
          Backroadmeats commented
          Editing a comment
          We do on average 6,000 lbs of beef a week or 28 pigs.. going up to 8,000 lbs of beef 8 pigs..b the pigs weigh 200 lbs hangingand we do 45 of them..

• Backroadmeats
          Backroadmeats commented
          Editing a comment
          If ya can't slaughter under inspection the Packers can name there price..I can do the same thing and control the market...

Concrete pump, concrete pump
        Boo-oo-oooom, Boo-oo-oooom
        Concrete pump boom!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here