Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And we have some progress!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on all the steps you have made to date. Things never seem to go as planned but it always gets there.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      I can see the end!!!

The meat rail is almost complete.. just a little left to paint and a hoist to mount. But the smoker and smoke generator are in.. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191210_181718.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	779002Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20191214_125346.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	779003

Comment

Aww man its real now!! Good luck!!

Comment

Tomorrow morning I have my final inspection with the department of health.. time to go in have a drink and hope all goes well and I am licensed tomorrow!! Fingers crossed.. this is the view as I head to the house tonight in the front window. Click image for larger version

Name:	4705.jpeg
Views:	414
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	780967

Comment

Looking good! When you get it rolling let us know what you are up to, I'd love to come and see the operation.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
            Backroadmeats commented
            Editing a comment
            Will do. 10:00 this morning is my inspection!!

Show us "where’s the beef". Let er roll! 👍 🕶

Comment

Best wishes for a prosperous future. I buy most of my meat from local farmers and they all tell me about their processors closing and having having to transport their animals farther away and increasing their stress. A stressed animal is not a tasty animal. So you're definitely filling a need.

Comment

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              Right on...think global, buy local.

Whoot!!! Passed inspection now off to pick up a cow!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191220_121805.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	781200

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              Ya might want some serious help to pick up a cow - they's heavy!

And congrats!!

And please keep the photos comin'....

Congradulations!! All that hard work pays off. Now get to work!

Comment

First one in the cooler Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191218_181244.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	781302

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	R Lee Ermey GSGT Hartmann.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	781312
                OUTSTANDIN!!!!!!

Many sincere, heartfelt Congrats on yer Majour Accomplishments, Brother!

This has been quite th Odyssey fer ya, an I want to personally thank ya fer takin us all along with ya!

Comment

A hearty congratulations to you, Backroadmeats ! All of your hard work and careful planning has come to fruition. I wish you tons of luck and future prosperity on your adventure.

Thanks so much for keeping us informed on your progress. This has been a really enjoyable topic. Keep those photos coming!

Kathryn

Comment

• Backroadmeats
                  Backroadmeats commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks . I has been a battle but a enjoyable one.

Looking good Backroadmeats . Will you sell retail cuts of meat as well as do custom butching?

Comment

• Backroadmeats
                  Backroadmeats commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No I can't sell any retail just do custom processing.. retail is a whole other level of inspection.

Huh it has been a year already!! We processed over 80,000 lbs of beef and hogs this year along with 132 deer and over 10,000 lbs of deer sausage!! The schedule is filling up fast for next year. Couldn't have asked for a better first year. A lot of it is due to the help I have found,. We processed 1894 lbs of steers in 6 hours today .. tomorrow we will grind and stuff the burger.. unreal..

Comment

• carlscan26
                  carlscan26 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congrats!

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Meat Man!

• kjbarth
                  kjbarth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Happy to hear you are doing so well.

I’m delighted to hear yer doin so well, I know alla yall been workin y’all's dog arses off, Brother!!!

Congrats!!!!
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 22, 2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
                  Backroadmeats commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It has been one hell of a first year!!! But I honestly can't say I would have it any other way!!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here