Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And we have some progress!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin gooood!

Comment

My dad made me do that by myself for a pole barn when I was 16. It took three months. I'm still sore from shoveling sand.

It's looking great! I'm looking forward to the progress blog you've got started.

Comment

Yes - please keep the pics coming.

Comment

Lookin mightyfine, there, Brother~

Many Thanks, again, fer takin us all along on this ride,,,

Comment

Backroadmeats I will never forget following your venture. Your first post was on my 67th-Bday. I am just fascinated by what it takes to build a modern butcher shop. I fully applaud what you are doing. How big of septic tank and drain field did you have to put in for your business.

Again continued success and hope all goes well for the opening.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
              Backroadmeats commented
              Editing a comment
              I had to put in two holding tanks for right now.. it has been so we up here everyone is behind so far a have to wait for next year to get the mound system installed. I actually had to put plastic septic tanks in because it was to wet to get a truck in there to set concrete ones..thanks for the encouragement.. I am getting closer!!

Nice. Looks like you are well on your way to success!!!

Comment

• Backroadmeats
              Backroadmeats commented
              Editing a comment
              We are getting there.. steady by jerks!!

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Backroadmeats, I have added MN to our rv trip list.

• Backroadmeats
              Backroadmeats commented
              Editing a comment
              That would be sweet!! Let me know ahead of time can get ya a comparts hog!! Cut it however u want.

Putting the power lines in today!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191018_085128.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	757623Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191018_085133.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	757624

Comment

• Ahumadora
              Ahumadora commented
              Editing a comment
              When is the100 tons of gravel coming??
              Last edited by Ahumadora; October 19, 2019, 06:09 PM.

• Backroadmeats
              Backroadmeats commented
              Editing a comment
              I have a 100 ton sitting in the driveway right now!! I call that a start I bet I have hauled in between 600 and 700 ton already .

Finished up the tin int the cutting room. Got the poly up in the back room, ready for tin back there now. Frp board in the front because I have walk-in freezer and cooler coming Monday. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191019_165100.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	758365Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20191019_165135.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	758366

Comment

• holehogg
              holehogg commented
              Editing a comment
              What's up? We haven't seen much on the cooking and sausage making front. You been busy or sumpting.

• Backroadmeats
              Backroadmeats commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes I have a few little things going on .deer season is 3 weeks from yesterday . Time to put up or shut up!! Get this thing done

Got some frp board up in about half the front room. Tin tomorrow in the back room. Mr. Bones walk-in cooler and freezer delivered tomorrow. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191020_102303.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	758976Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191020_102306.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	758977

Comment

Did you get my PM.

Comment

I’m going to need a a vacation and long rest just recovering from watching you do all this work in a short time.🙂

Comment

Walk-in freezer and small walk-in cooler installed this morning?? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191021_121951492.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	759209

Comment

• holehogg
                    holehogg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Progress is exciting. Looking mighty fine. You still on schedule?

• Backroadmeats
                    Backroadmeats commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It will be close.. I have 20 days til deer season.. but have a list started with 15 beef and some hogs waiting too. Calls are starting to come everyday now. So I have all the work in the world just no building.

Got the power service in.. getting energized tomorrow morning. They had to haul a track machine here from 50 miles away because it is so muddy. Tin is on 60 percent of ceiling in back.. FRP board on 50 percent of front. Garage doors and openers went in today.. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191023_085645.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	760635Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191023_090730.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	760636Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191024_085104.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	760637Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20191024_085144.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	760638

Comment

Drillied the well today.. some how in this swamp I live in they drilled down 160 ft and didn't hit water.. so they will try again tomorrow.. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191030_165226.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	763224

Comment

• mountainsmoker
                      mountainsmoker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You are moving right a long.

• smokin fool
                      smokin fool commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They forgot to bring a divining rod....

For my late Mother-in-law a few years back, they had to go to 200 ft & that was in Frontenac, near the big river.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here