Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And we have some progress!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good, keep the pictures coming.

Comment

Poured a yard and of half of concrete the old fashioned way.. thank God for a good friend and neighbor. Not many volunteers for this job.. in case you don't know 1 1/2 yards is 81 60lb bags of concrete. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191007_185159.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	753228Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20191007_184923.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	753229Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20191007_184902.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	753230Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20191007_184920.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	753231

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        That dude in the blue shirt & sunglasses reminds me of Spinaker, how'd you corral him up?

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Always good to see some MN boys hard at work!! 💪

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee the guy in the blue shirt is a buddy of mine that is a working fool. He called when I just started mixing concrete. When I told him it was just me and the wife doing it he drove over to help after working a 12 hour day already. I have seen him pick a 230 lb beef quarter off the floor by bearhugging it and set it on a table. He is a good sized boy.. the other guy is a neighbor that drove by and saw what we were doing and stopped to help.

My back is hurting just looking at this!

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya.. mine is too..sucks getting old!!

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Backroadmeats - nobody looks old in those photos!

Well, based on the photos you must be in the Milaca area. I get up that way for fishing now and then. I'll have to stop by.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        Heck yea. I am about a half mile of 169. Just east and north a little from unclaimed freight.

Nice, congrats and thanks for sharing! Concrete is the single hardest physical job I have ever done, and I was a drywall hanger for years doing plenty of commercial jobs with double layer 5/8" 16' lids. Mad respect to those folks who pour concrete for a living.

Comment

You are in the home stretch! Ya got this.

Comment

Ya know, they make these giant trucks with spinn-y backs that just bring the concrete out to you....

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            We like to work for it in MN! 😂

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Spinn-y backs! Was trying to think of their proper name. Whirl-y tubes was all I had, knew it wasn't right.

Well electrical and plumbing rough in passed inspection.. the insulation is in a Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191011_211024.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	754741 nd poly up. The walls get drywall tomorrow. Septic also goes in tomorrow.. big day and this is Minnesota!!! It is snowing!! Oh well..

Comment

Congrats on the inspections. I saw Minnesota was getting some snow. Just missed our farm in Iowa.

Comment

Got the septic system in today in the snow . What a muddy mess. Also got the sheetrock up in the cutting room.. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191012_112851.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	755098Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20191012_164800.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	755099Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20191012_161539.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	755100

Comment

• Ahumadora
                Ahumadora commented
                Editing a comment
                Damm. Snowing in October... You need to move a few 1000 miles South..

• mountainsmoker
                mountainsmoker commented
                Editing a comment
                Well done at least that is off the check list. Dang nap it snow is way to early.

This is great to see the process on the shop!

Also, this weather is getting old, already.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
                Backroadmeats commented
                Editing a comment
                I know.. the snow and rain can take a break for a few weeks!!

Although I don't need it the snow is kind of pretty!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191013_075734.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	755302

Comment

• holehogg
                holehogg commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice pic.

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Building is lookin good!

Looking good. Thanks for letting us go along for the journey. This is sure reminding me of days long past when I was capable of putting long hard days of physical labor to make our family’s dreams come true. My hat is off to you and your friends.

So, in your honor I went to http://tankoftheyear.tnemec.com/#tank1708 and voted for your water tank in Milaca in the contest.🙂

Comment

• Backroadmeats
                Backroadmeats commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you sir. This has been on heck of a project.. I always seem to get myself in these spots.. I have a list of people started for people waiting for me to open,. Right now there are 17 beef and 12 hogs.i posted a picture to Google maps last Thursday and got a notification today that it has been viewed over 300 times.. I think I will be busy

Well got the drywall up and taped.. got some tin on the ceiling too.. Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20191016_174248.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	757049Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20191016_174258.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	757050

Comment

That is some nice looking tin. Keep the pictures coming.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here