Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And we have some progress!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great success story I'm happy to have witnessed. Hold your head up on high and continue with the hard work that's obviously yielding dividends. Good on you Sir.

Comment

WOW,,,,movin’ ahead,,,,,
      I hope it stays bein fun !
      ur doin a great job

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        The work I enjoy. The construction... Not so much!! Ohh well I need a bigger freezer REALLY bad!

Congratulations Backroadmeats ! Great to see your successful business growing.

Comment

Very cool, congrats on your successes!

Comment

Well I haven't logged in for a while as construction didn't go as planned.. I ended up doing most of the interior of the building myself as the contractors were all busy and well I wanted it done. We are fully moved in an functional now but at one point I know it was 57 days without a day off.. whew glad that is done. Here are some pics and hopefully I have times to start hanging out here a little more. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220819_154239_hdr.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	1330595 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220904_171555.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1330596 I guess I didn't take many pictures. The addition was a 24x32 working space and a 24x15 walkin freezer. I also added a 10x20 walking cooler for hanging carcasses and a 10x10 walkin cooler. I will get better pics tomorrow when I am bored smoking hot dogs.

Comment

Oh and I got the bottom of the big smoker fixed andrug into the new building only to find out the door need some attention so now rebuilding that . The small smoker on the right I have had 546 lbs of ham and bacon in. Guessing the big one will do at least a 1000 lbs maybe more

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220917_155605.jpg Views:	67 Size:	97.5 KB ID:	1330599

Comment

Great to see you back. 57 days straight... man, have a beer.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
                Backroadmeats commented
                Editing a comment
                Having a stiff brandy actually!! But can't have 2 I have to cut up 5 steers tomorrow and grind and package.

Labor of love, brother. If I were a younger man this would be something I think I'd enjoy doing.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
                Backroadmeats commented
                Editing a comment
                I am pretty sure I am to old to be doing this.. it is fun though.

Making your business better is an acceptable reason for missin' time in The Pit.

I'm glad things are going well for you.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
                Backroadmeats commented
                Editing a comment
                They are going well thank you. I still miss checking in here to catch up on stuff .. damn jobs!!

Great to hear from you! I guessed you were really busy with hunters animals. Your addition looks nice and it tells us your business is doing well! Hard work usually pays off in the end! Congratulations.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
                Backroadmeats commented
                Editing a comment
                I actually didn't do deer this year..to busy with the other stuff. This week I have to cut up 5 steers and 23 sheep.. next week is worse. 7 steers and 29 hogs ughh. Looks like I will be working thanksgiving and the weekend..

Ur really BUILDING a business,,,,
              more ways than one !!!
              Congrats and keep up the great work,,,

Comment

That is quite some addition that you did mostly by yourself. You must be exhausted yet proud of yourself. God bless the child who's got his own, as they say. It's inspiring to see someone making their dream come true. Congratulations!

Keep us posted with more photos as the place continues to come together to be just as you envisioned it.

Kathryn

Comment

• Backroadmeats
                Backroadmeats commented
                Editing a comment
                This has way past what I envisioned. It was supposed to be me and a part time wrapper. I have 4 full time employees and 3 part time . Along with me ,. My wife and kids(they are mostly taste testers but in a pinch can vacuum seal a ton of product!!)

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                It's wonderful, Backroadmeats , that you exceeded your expectations and that you found a perfect niche for where you are located.

I wish continued success for your business and continued professional satisfaction for you as well.

Kathryn

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here