Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN Butchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@GourmandPhil.

I see you called me out back in 2017! I forget to check messages. Back to being active.

For NE Minneapolis there is Ready Meats (3550 Johnson Street N.E). Great selection of all kinds of meats including fresh birds. Great whole chickens. You can ask at the counter for a thicker cut if you do not see what you want.

Call in advance and they will special order for you. Also, fresh fish flown in Thursdays available until Saturday (or sold out). They do not stock tomahawk steaks but you can order a fresh one!

Seems like meat markets are going the way as brew pubs: getting more and better!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Great to have you back. Thank you for your years of support!

Miltona meats in miltona mn is one of my favorites too.. if anyone goes to the Alexandria area stop in and get some sausage. They make a buffalo wings brat that is fantastic!!

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones I think they are made from chicken and pork. They are seasoned to taste like a little bit spicey buffalo wings and the add high temp blue cheese to them.. I should figure out how to make them!!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      As said, it sounds like an incredible flavour combo to pack into a brat; consider me intrigued, an standin by fer enlightenment.
      Chx n pork sound like a winnin receipt to not be all dry, like every dang chx brat I've ever had
      Now, add alla th buff sauce, spices, bleu cheese...perhaps ya can unnerstand my imfatuation, at this popint!

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Just check with the company I buy my seasonings from and they sell a seasonings for buffalo wing brats.. I will try it.. as a bonus they are advertising for a new seasoning.. Mac and cheese .. has preecookex noodles and high temp cheddar cheese in them.. I am going to end up making brats this week.. checking the pork butt stock right now!! Mr. Bones
      Last edited by Backroadmeats; May 19, 2019, 05:20 PM.

Finally got around to trying Widmer's and had good luck with a brisket last fall, will have to see about beef ribs as they have both the wife and I interested. Oxendales on 34 and 51st south Mpls, has some 86% hamburger that has worked in everything from burgers to goulash/hot dishes.
    I drive by Ready Meats on the way to La Casita's for Mexican but wasn't sure if they were any good.
    I'll have to give them a try.

Any of you do the Sam's club/Costco thing for meats and such? Sam's club hamburger was terrible imho, but I hear good about other meats. ??
    Almost spring In MN...

Comment

• SipIt
      SipIt commented
      Editing a comment
      99% of the meat I purchase is from the Saint Louis Park Costco. I dryage my steaks, so buy the entire subprimal cut of prime ribeyes or striploin. I like their ribs and pork shoulders too. They also have prime beef short ribs.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I buy pretty much all my smoking meats at Costco in EP. SLP is too hectic.

And I hear you on it being spring!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here