Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuesday Is Going to be a Costly Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday Is Going to be a Costly Day.

Me and my better half are making our quarterly trek to Wegmans and B.J's. about 50 miles each way. At Wegmans she plans on stocking up for Thanksgiving meats. Ox tails, sausage and brociole. I'll scan the meats and come out with some. Then there's the alcohol section. Spirts, beer and wine and more wine. Well figuring we won't be back there till after the holidays, oh boy. Then there is B.J's a double wamy. This dosn't include the stuff we need. Paper goods and other house stuff and food.
    I am thinking of setting up a Go Fund Me. I think all I'll get is the resounding response of nothing.

Well look at the bright side. You only have to do it four times a year, whereas the people who live there probably do it every week or fortnightly.

And if it will make you feel better, shopping like that for me is 100 miles each way.

Forget the Go Fund Me, not reliable. A .38 and a liquor store and you'll be rolling in clover!

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Funny I don't own a gun. And with Covid I've only done curb side at local liquor store. Don't think that would work. The only stores I've been in, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, BJ's and Wegmans.

I find when I plan and shop less often, I spend way less! Think of the wine glass half full.....wait, what? 🥂

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Isn't a half-full wine glass technically a full wine glass? Hmmm, ponders...

Sounds like a great time with even better times ahead!

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      We do enjoy the adventure. They are far and few between. We're blessed that we can afford to do this. Thanksgiving will be like never before. Not going into it now. I'm sure we are not alone. Maybe as it gets closer we can share a bit. The holidays are not going to be like anything we've experienced.

Don't forget the PBR!
    PBR pairs with everything.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm a Hamm's > PBR guy, but I'd never refuse a good ol' PBR.

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Hamm's the beer refreshing,
      One good beer deserves another.

Don’t think of it as an expense. Think of it as an investment in your belly and your happiness!

Comment

If you buy more flat things like pork belly, brisket and steaks you can stack more in your freezer.

can you get a bladder or bourbon so you can fit 9 in the truck?

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm, bourbon bladders. I like it. There's your Kickstarter idea!

If it's budgeted, then there's no harm or foul.

Comment

Doesn't take much these days to spend a lot..

Comment

Well how'd you do RichieB? Do you need to borrow against your house, set up a GoFundMe, beg, or will you survive as-is?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here