Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpine Butcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpine Butcher

Located on the line of Lowell/Chelmsford, it's a great family owned business. All of their beef is USDA Prime. I bought a brisket from there over the weekend and it did not disappoint.

Click here for the link to their Website!
    Last edited by Spinaker; August 13, 2018, 02:47 PM.

Looks like an interesting place. A couple of their cuts looked wagyu almost.

Comment

I guess if you live in Lowell MA it would be a great place to check out. Does not appear as though they ship and really not much info on specifically what they carry cut wise. But hey, finding a good butcher these days is worth announcing.

Alpine Butcher

Comment

They're very much a local business and don't ship (at least not to my knowledge). I live 12 minutes away and there's not too many butcher shops in northern Mass so wanted to point out a good one for those in the area looking.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like a great spot!

Comment

What was the price per pound for that brisket? About an hour from me, but I travel all over MA for work.

Comment

I believe it was $8.50/pp. Brisket cost ~$72, weighed ~8.5 lbs

Comment

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ouch!

They look like a winner. And they now ship through out the US. Going to check them out.

Comment

Alpine is OUTSTANDING
                highly recommend

Comment

It's only about a 22 hour drive (one way) for me, might be a worthwhile road trip. Leave here after work at 5:00 pm on a Friday, arrive there at 3:00 pm on Saturday, buy some meat, sleep for a few hours and I'm home by early evening on Sunday. Probably not the craziest thing I've ever done for a good cut of meat.

Comment

• fkrall
                    fkrall commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Like your spirit. Love to know the craziest thing you've done.

Originally posted by ribeyeguy View Post
                  It's only about a 22 hour drive (one way) for me, might be a worthwhile road trip. Leave here after work at 5:00 pm on a Friday, arrive there at 3:00 pm on Saturday, buy some meat, sleep for a few hours and I'm home by early evening on Sunday. Probably not the craziest thing I've ever done for a good cut of meat.
                  They ship to ya also
                  why drive when you can be cookin’
                  But then again ,what’s better than a road trip

Comment

Foster a great relationship with them. A cup of coffee and box of pigs occasionally goes a long way in my experience. Give them photos of your best cooks to put on the wall, and ask for business cards. It will pay off in the end, I promise.

Comment

Heading up to Alpine today, hopefully to get a prime chuckie, and have a chat with them about plate ribs....

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I work in Burlington and might grab a cooler and run up there at lunch!

Google Maps says its 17 minutes from work.
                        Last edited by Old Glory; July 12, 2019, 04:44 AM.

Comment

• panteracfh3
                          panteracfh3 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Short drive up Rte 3

Check out the picanha when ur there
                        great on the grill
                        let us know what the have for plate ribs

Comment

• pjlstrat
                          pjlstrat commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Will do

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here