Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McKinnon's Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKinnon's Market

Eye-popping meat section... 'nuff said. The freshest, tastiest hamburger I've *ever* grilled. I got lowly 85% burger and the taste was a revelation! You *know* when you get fresh burger. They have everything you need from USDA select to angus to prime to dry-aged. Two MA and two NH locations. Just don't buy all of the packers on me! (can't believe this isn't already here). Produce, seafood, everything. You cannot beat the quality. The downside is that it's usually the select steaks that go on sale... still cannot be beat for something special. The only trouble for me is that the nearest is a full hour drive from where I live... but every now and then I find myself up in porstmouth with a cooler in the back :-)

Danvers
    73 Holten St.
    Danvers, MA 01923

Everett
    620 Broadway
    Everett, MA 02149

Portsmouth
    2454 Lafayette Rd.
    Portsmouth, NH 03801

Salem
    McKinnons Market and Super Butcher Shop,
    236 N Broadway
    Salem, NH 03079

an hour drive for you 30 hour drive for me!! (2,062 miles for Lubbock Tx to Salem NH!) Jealous Though, Even though we're surrounded by Cattle ranches (and pig Farms) There is not a real Butcher for 100's of miles?? Thank goodness for Costco or I would be out of luck. (Just looked a little closer at the map There is road construction in every state from here to there plus Toll roads!! yikes Me thinks 30 hours is a pipe-dream lol)
    Last edited by GadjetGriller; June 10, 2016, 08:38 AM. Reason: added an after thought

Comment

Curious... no good shops in cattle country. What do the cattlemen do? I know folks in the forum have scored prime packers from Costco for good prices though.

Comment

Thanks for adding McKinnon's Market to the butchers page. I've got to visit a local butcher again soon.

Comment

It's hard to describe a close-your-eyes-good burger to someone. They look at you like you're a weirdo, as if to say 'a burger, really???' But those people have never had a burger THAT good. I know exactly what you mean! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Shoulda' posted this sooner! USDA Choice, CAB whole brisket, 2.99/lb. THIS WEEK (you have until 9/22/2016) to score one!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here