Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wagner's Meats, Mount Airy MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagner's Meats, Mount Airy MD

Wagner's is a real butcher. I have been going here for over 20 years. They do the whole process from slaughtering to just about any cut of meat that you could want. I recently tried out making my own bacon, when I called them to see if they had raw side bacon their response was we are slaughtering hogs tomorrow, put in your order for what you want and we will have it ready for you in the evening.

-Alden

Wow, I don't think I have a place like that around my area. Probably the nearest thing would be a Publix. But I doubt they slaughter the Hogs.

Comment

I'll second the praise for Wagner's. We buy their meet from Clark Farm in Ellicott City. Clark Farm is a great source of meat, pasture-raised eggs and (in season) excellent produce that they grow themselves, mostly. The few things the "bring in" are carefully selected, very local, and invariably excellent. Also important: their customer service, far from the rote, over-trained unctuousness that passes for customer service in a lot of places these days, they are simply eager to help, thoughtful and conscientious. And the petting farm is a GREAT place for kids.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here