Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Herbert's Meat Market in Maurice and Broussard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herbert's Meat Market in Maurice and Broussard

Just received 2 stuffed pork chops and a dozen stuffed shrimp. Everything frozen with plenty dry ice left. Placed dry ice outside to avoid asphyxiation.

Will update when I get to cookin'

We’ll need pictures please! Herbert’s Meat market…Maurice and Broussard, La. Not sure, is that Cajun?
    No doubt, it’s gonna be good cher’!

For folks not familiar with Cajun pronunciations, Herbert’s is pronounced….”A bears” (long A)
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 10, 2021, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, think Bobby Herbert (a-bear) quarterback for the Saints.

Panhead John just for you

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211209_183731.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	1139808

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice wrapper! 🙄
      I swear I’ve never said this to another man before, but….can we please see your meat?
      Last edited by Panhead John; December 9, 2021, 07:00 PM.

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John, are you trying to play show and tell?

The "stuffed shrimp" are outstanding. Baked @375 for 20 minutes and they were plenty done. Shrimp topped w/ crab-laced bread crumb stuffing. Will definitely get these again.

Name:	20211210_010324.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	1139915

Comment

Looks fantastic, too bad I am the only one who eats shrimp in my household.
      Do they have an Asian flair?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        Nope, cajun all the way.

@Jerod Broussard I got so excited reading this that I went to their site and started adding all kinds of things to my cart. I kept seeing the $16 charge for packing and ice and thought that was great, but I mistakenly thought that was for shipping. After getting ready to place a $150.00 order, I went to calculate shipping and saw the cheapest rate was $89 for 2 day air to California. I guess this is another reason to leave California. Needless to say, I deleted my order.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        We gots plenty of room here in Texas for ya brother!

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, shipping costs I noticed with the post office have done a nice jump too. I just put the pork chops in the refrigerator for defrosting.

Panhead John

Name:	20211214_225903.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1142402

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great! Cajun stuffed pork chops are really good, especially on the grill.

I went to their site and saw a lot of excellent looking food. Filled a cart and went to check out...over $60 in shipping and dry ice charges. I won't do that just on principle. At least I don't think so. The shrimp look awesome and the stuffed chickens get rave reviews. But that's criminal.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        I was $38+ on shipping and dry ice. I'm about 3.5 hrs from the place. It was a nice little splurge on myself.

• Joey877
        Joey877 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerod Broussard is it that good? I'm assuming you've had it before...

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I grew up eating this stuff. My parents live about 1 hour from the place. I would have gotten the stuffed chicken but I'm one mouth. I hadn't had the stuffed pork chops since the 90's.

I’ve eaten stuffed”stuff’, Turducken, chicken, pork tenderloin, from all sorts of places around here. Of all the suppliers, I rank Herbert’s first, and if I can’t get to Lafayette, I shop at Chris’ Specialty Meat in Baton Rouge. Almost as good, but Herbert’s is the gold standard for Cajun specialty foods. Try one of their Turduckens for Thanksgiving or Christmas, you will never go back to your old dry oven roasted bird!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        Does Chris' have Cracklins?

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here