Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket in Italy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Potkettleblack View Post

Point to your chest. pectoral muscle. Man tit. Say you want that, but from the cow. The whole thing. Collo and the rest.

Tried that too. But when I took off my shirt, they asked me to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by pkadare View Post
      See if you can find a Jewish butcher shop. They should definitely know what a brisket is!
      Good idea. Worth a try!

Comment

I would think a Spanish butcher or market might be able to get you a brisket? Maybe try asking on Reddit in the Italy subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/italy/ lots of multi lingual locals there with a better chance at getting real help (not that we're not real, but the odds are slim a person here has the definitive resolution)

Comment

I think you might be going about this wrong. Instead of a butcher try going to BBQ restaurant and ask them. I would think they would have some BBQ restaurants

Comment

UPDATE - the Jewish (Kosher) butcher came through!! Picked it up today. Thanks again for the suggestion that got me to the right place!! So remaining question is how do you smoke a brisket Happily, have Meathead's Authentic Texas-Style smoked brisket recipe!

Comment

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              I use that recipe often. I like it.

I would start with Meathead's recipe. It's very good. However, if it isn't exactly to your taste, you can change it to suit you.

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
              I would start with Meathead's recipe. It's very good. However, if it isn't exactly to your taste, you can change it to suit you.
              First-time smoking a brisket and this recipe came through. Was great. All wood after charcoal to start. Only problem I had was the stall. Even though I wrapped both pieces (I separated flat and point) early, still had trouble getting past it. In the end, also based on info in the recipe, I upped the head to 325 or so for last few hours and it did the trick. Have a lot to learn.

Comment

Now you need to convert some of your Italian friends to smoked brisket

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here