Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wild fork update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild fork update

First time ordering from wildfork, everything came nicely packaged and frozen completely. I’ve tried the wings,salmon,and a frozen meal so far. The salmon was fine but about what I would get at my local store for the same price. The wings however I am impressed with, couldn’t tell they were from frozen, they were meaty and at 2.55/lb that’s less than what I can buy them locally, plus they come section and without the tips .
    Click image for larger version  Name:	CE598493-9600-427C-9DA9-68385AD38BFC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.95 MB ID:	1099779 Click image for larger version  Name:	D0BE24AB-BD4D-4F8F-8986-EF4BF8F9FE96.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.26 MB ID:	1099778 Click image for larger version  Name:	5AED121B-D273-42D8-AB17-089BF7AF91AD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.45 MB ID:	1099780
    Last edited by marshall; September 24, 2021, 03:42 PM.

That's good to know about the wings. I've ordered from them four times so far and have been pleased with everything. Next order I'll be sure to include some wings. I really do not enjoy sectioning them so that's a plus. If you haven't tried the frozen bread they sell that has cheese in it I highly recommend it. That stuff is awesome (on back order regularly).

Comment

• marshall
      marshall commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I’ll try the bread for sure next time if it available!

So what is the difference between say SNF and Wild Fork? I am trying to understand essentially how WF can offer better quality stuff than my local store at the same price.

I guess I just don’t want to waste my time if I am buying Sanderson Farms or something similar under a new brand name? I get that SNF is sourcing the meat from local suppliers and specifically looking for higher grades but it is not clear to me how this works.

Comment

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      SNF?

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Snake River Farms

I'm a member of Wild Fork, the biggest difference between them and SRF is price, price and price. Prime plates, BBR, Angus roast, Prime Picanhas, Chicken many other items, great products and service.

Comment

Poor vegetarians.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-09-25-15-04-32.png
Views:	307
Size:	526.5 KB
ID:	1100059

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Your battery is looking low buddy. Better charge it! 🤣😱🤣

Something to look into. Thanks.

Comment

I use Wild Fork often as well. I haven't had the best of luck with pork ribs but that could have been user error. Everything else has been great especially for the price.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Wild Fork Foods. I order from them often. Everything from them has been terrific and the pricing is great and also fairly stable. In fact I'll be grilling a flat iron steak from them for dinner tonight. Wings, beef short plate ribs, and another flat iron waiting in the freezer. Will need to order again soon!

Comment

I just got my first order from them a week ago. Ribs, pork belly and a picanha. Only made the ribs so far and wasn't that impressed. Too lean for my taste and not as meaty as I typically get at the local supermarket. I plan to do the other two later this week and hope for the best. I'll use the belly to make burnt ends and haven't quite decided yet whether to do the picanha whole or sliced for steaks. Anybody tried one? How'd you cook it and what did you think?

Comment

• Jfrosty27
              Jfrosty27 commented
              Editing a comment
              I did a picanha from them. I did it on the Weber kettle rotisserie over charcoal like the Brazilian restaurants do it. Awesome.

Well done. The rotisserie would be perfect but I don't have one. I've got a Weber and a Pit Barrel and haven't decided which to use for the picanha. Probably the Weber with a Slow n Sear for a good reverse sear. Really looking forward to trying it.

Comment

• GBA
              GBA commented
              Editing a comment
              I did mine in the pbc 130d held in Cambro for one hour then sliced thin for garlic toasted french bread sandwiches. Oh my. Used the grate
              Last edited by GBA; September 25, 2021, 06:52 PM.

I hate po$t$ like this. Even if your first order ships free with 50 doll hair purchase. 🤑🤑

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here