Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic Sale at Park Packing in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Sale at Park Packing in Chicago

I just got a 10 pound case of baby back ribs for $7.99 at Park Packing! They have spare ribs for the same price, but they were out, so I had to settle for baby backs.

I have not yet looked at the quality of the ribs, so we shall see how it goes on the back end.

Sweet! Bust out the camera and get the smoker ready for tomorrow!

Comment

Nice to have such a retailer nearby. Some awesome pricing, e.g. $30 for a 40# box of chicken quarters..........man!

Comment

• J-Melt
        J-Melt commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL!

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Uncle Bob , both of the Kroger stores near me have had 10# bags of chicken leg quarters for cheap for many months now. They were $7.99 per bag for the longest time, and they just recently went up to $10. Still a pretty good deal, I think. Not sure if it's the same in your area or not.

• Uncle Bob
        Uncle Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve R. I was just at HEB earlier today and checked. They're having a "special" at $1.38 lb. for quarters. No big bag, just a sealed tray presentation. We're in a semi-rural area so don't often enjoy the kind of pricing larger communities command. They did have Prime briskets (it's still Texas here), 13-18 pounders, for $4.49 per lb. btw.

Holy crikey! That is a great deal!

Comment

How have I lived in the Chicago area for 11 years and not known about this butcher?

Comment

In what area of Chicago is Park Packing. I make deliveries to Chicago quite frequently and would like to check them out.

Comment

• Sid P
            Sid P commented
            Editing a comment
            4107 S Ashland Ave.

Never heard of it either, looks impressive: https://www.parkpacking.com/

Also interesting: https://www.peoriapacking.com/

Looks like I'm going to have to take a trip into the city.

Comment

Murdy Thanks for posting the websites! I switch back and forth between the two based on the sales and where I am in the city. Both are amazing!

Jared49 Park is south side and Peoria Packing is in West Loop. Both are worth a visit when you are in the city.
            Last edited by J-Melt; August 14, 2023, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here