Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whole Hog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole Hog

I just moved to St Marys, Ga. (southeast Ga), & I'm trying to find a source for fresh whole hogs. I used to have a farm (in Md.) that slaughtered every Thursday, & I could pick it up on Friday. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Maybe call Kingsland meats and see if they can point you in the right direction (912) 729-4800

Comment

Lang smokers are in SE Geargia too. I bet if you called them up they could suggest a local source.

Comment

I got a few from M & T Meats in Hawkinsville (a bit of a ride for you), a fantastic meat market. They would even cut a brisket in half and sell me the point side. We stop up there a few times each year.

Comment

• Bkhuna
          Bkhuna commented
          Editing a comment
          What a timely post. We're planning a trip down the Georgia Antebellum Trail in December and a stop in Hawkinsville is in order.

M&T in Hawkinsville is definitely a place I'd check out if you have a reason to get by there. Unless they've changed since the last time I went there they raised and slaughtered their own hogs.

Comment

Make sure to post some pics of this cook once you get your hog!

Comment

This was my last hog. I may have found a local farm nearby, so I'll post pics of my hog cook when it happens (probably not 'till October)
            Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here