Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They can teach pigs to fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can teach pigs to fly

And evidentially, salmon to swim in Florida! Bluehouse Salmon, jus got these two filets today at Publix for $12.99/lb. We luv this salmon and trust it more than what is farmed in many countries…Can’t seem to get line caught anymore so this works. Trucked in fresh, not frozen.
    Attached Files

Yum

Comment

Nice arse lookin fillets, don't see that here...

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks a little fishy to me.
        What do I know? I got hit when I asked for a Sock Eye.

Pigs can fly . . . Like a Brick.

Comment

Nice filets. How did you cook them?

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope they were cooked, grilled, smoked, or BBQed. No sushi for yours truly.
          Last edited by bbqLuv; December 2, 2021, 08:39 PM.

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn’t cook them yet. I buy the filets, portion for two, vac pack & freeze. That way when we want salmon for dinner, drop the vac pack in a bowl of cold water to thaw for an hour then cook however we are in the mood for.

I'll check them out at my local Publix, but call me skeptical. I looked at the photos on their webpage and I'm not seeing much fat on the fish, and for just a couple of dollars more a pound, I can get wild Scottish salmon on special at Fresh Market that is just loaded with fat.

Most of the recipes I use for salmon call for few if ingredients, letting the flavor of the fish take center stage.

I may be wrong and I'm willing to give it a try.
        Last edited by Bkhuna; December 2, 2021, 05:18 AM.

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          If I had the option for Scottish salmon I would go for that!

Very cool that they farm raise them responsively. Those filets look awesome.

Comment

Oh no… bacon will go up!

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Inflated prices.

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            bbqLuv sky high prices….

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here