Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Good Butcher Shops In Sarasota Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Good Butcher Shops In Sarasota Area

I recently moved to Bradenton and am looking for a good butcher shop. I've tried the Chop Shop on Manatee Ave. but was unimpressed. They only carry baby back ribs and their chicken is completely tasteless. I'm looking for the sort of place that knows where their meat comes from and how the animals were treated (i.e. no CAFO meat) and carries cuts like tri-tip beef and untrimmed spare ribs.

Concentrated animal feeding operation Had to look CAFO up.
    Reminds me of the apartment housing in China. No Thank you,
    I am with you in this one.

Comment

Thanks Gilbert. I'm moving to Venice permanently in the next couple of months and was planning on asking the same question.

Comment

Originally posted by gilbertpilz View Post
        I recently moved to Bradenton and am looking for a good butcher shop. I've tried the Chop Shop on Manatee Ave. but was unimpressed. They only carry baby back ribs and their chicken is completely tasteless. I'm looking for the sort of place that knows where their meat comes from and how the animals were treated (i.e. no CAFO meat) and carries cuts like tri-tip beef and untrimmed spare ribs.
        Butcher's Mark at the I75 University exit is a high end butcher.

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I went to Costco for a brisket. They now carry Swift briskets as well as their own brand. The difference was significant......the Costco brand was stiff and the Swift brisket would bend quite a bit when held at the end.

For good steaks, I take a long drive to Mario's in Ft Myers or Alpine Steakhouse in Sarasota. Fresh Market also has good meats.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here