Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrific Butcher in Washington, D.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrific Butcher in Washington, D.C.

In Washington, D.C., there're none better than Harvey's Market: http://www.harveysmarketdc.com/. The owners, George Lesznar and Marty Kaufman, and the entire staff provide terrific customer service and a great product from local organic farms, all for a reasonable price.

The next time the President sends Air force One to pick me up for my opinion on something I will check them out

Comment

reading there web site you have a great butcher shop, congrats.

Comment

I kind of thought the same thing as Papa Bob. Looks like a great place, and I wondered if those gov't dudes with their suits and their shades get their steaks from there. They can afford it all you know..

I don't think there was ever a president in history whose after-presidency pictures were thinner than his pre-presidency pictures. You know they eat good. Their chefs might frequent this place!

Comment

I can vouch for Harvey's. You ask the butcher there, and he will tell you where every piece of meat came from, and what they were fed. I wish there were more "real" butcher shops in DC.

Comment

I recommended Harvey's Market on this Board about a year ago. I still know of no better butcher in the D.C. Region. The customer service and product are out of this world. And, the prices are very reasonable.

Comment

I agree about Harvey's. In the same place (Union Market in NE WashDC) is Red Apron Butchery which has wonderful smoked meats. If you can't get to Union Market, try Wagshal's (www.wagshals.com) in upper Northwest WashDC. I've been shopping at the Massachusetts Ave NW shop since 1975. It also has a larger shop on New Mexico Ave NW. Wagshal's isn't cheap, but they are great on service and selection.

Comment

• MarylandBrewer
                MarylandBrewer commented
                Editing a comment
                Another thumbs up for Wagshals. Their Prime grade aged brisket is beautiful and quite tasty. yep, it's expensive, but a great cut. Plus their butchers know their business.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here