Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef brisket on sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef brisket on sale

Rare find up in these parts
    Royal Canadian Super Store in the GTA has beef briskets $3.98 a lb
    Priced $70-80 a piece
    Attached Files

You bought them all right?

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Not today, I didn't buy any.
      The store is 5 mins away so if I want one no problem to rip over and grab one, plus the fact my freezer is jammed with meat right now anyway.
      Sales till Weds at midnight, see what happens.

I didn't realize you guys use lbs up there. That's a pretty good deal, especially if all you want is points. Yum!

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, Yeah, I just noticed that too.
      I'm sure the metric police are on the way, fines pending....

Good excuse to buy another freezer. Just sayin'

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually this week I can just leave in the trunk of the car to be frozen solid.

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I shoulda remembered that you live in the part of the world that makes a freezer seem warm.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I think even Florida this week can use the car trunk

Thanks for the heads up Smokin fool, I picked up a whole brisket today, I think it is 7.7 kg, I think I will cut it into two pieces and freeze one of them or both we will see. I usually do not buy brisket as I find Chuck or blade roasts just as good.

Comment

Brisket update, I trimmed up my brisket today and I lied earlier (old valve salesman coming out in me) when I said it was 7.7 kg it was actually 6.6 kg which is 14.6#, after I trimmed it I had 3# of fat, a flat which was almost 5# and a thicker point? which was about 6.5# and put both in the freezer for now. I never weighed the trimmings before and I was surprised it was almost 20% by weight, I kept the fat for making sausages or beef love.

Comment

So, if yer not gettin one are ya post this as an advertisement?

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, public service notice for the boyz n girlz that may not have a RCSS nearby.

Picked up two briskets at the local Kroger last weekend. Choice on sale for 1.77 lb

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Another advertisement.
          For LAST WEEK!

Originally posted by smokin fool View Post
        Rare find up in these parts
        Royal Canadian Super Store in the GTA has beef briskets $3.98 a lb
        Priced $70-80 a piece
        Hey Man whats your final price?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here