Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a crime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a crime

The first pic a butcher up here took a full packer cut it in strips rolled and tied then listed it as Rolled Brisket Pot Roast????
    The meat manager was beside himself he was so mad at this guy.
    Could this be considered a crime????
    Second pic is ammo I picked up for future smokes

Attached Files

$38 for 1.5lbs! Wow!!!!!!

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Kilos, but still up there. Probably paying for the butcher’s knowledge of new cuts of meat.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha... Donw yep, realized that after I posted. Forgot where smokin fool lived! Need to get my calculator out

Hahah! Maybe the butcher is starting a new trend!

.From what I hear the only crime in Canada is not liking hockey, Canucks will tolerate just about anything else.... ;-)

Comment

I will miss the good old days when you could purchase a whole packer without having to assemble it yourself.

Comment

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. That Ikea business model is really spreading across industries isn't it?

Ikea style butchery?

Edit: Oops, didn't mean to steal your thunder Andrrr, didn't see it until I posted mine

Comment

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem. The comparison was ripe for picking!

No crime..You can make Braciola or Rouladen . Already pre flattened or rolled....A lot less work for you.

Comment

I'm too distracted by that nice looking pork to really form an opinion on whether the brisket is a crime.

Comment

The pork in the second picture is labeled 'Perfect Pork Shoulder'? Is this a new grade of meat in Canada, or just creative license?

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd have to say its them being creative, whether its better than Imperfect Pork is up for debate.

• SmokingPat
            SmokingPat commented
            Editing a comment
            SmokinFool I've had imperfect pork shoulder before. I had to cook it for hours before it was ready. 😄

Not sure show the law works up there, but down here.......yeah, you could be charged!
          Last edited by Spinaker; November 14, 2020, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Could be worse usually up here brisket is ground into hamburger....this one lived only to be brutalized in a different way

Click image for larger version

Name:	blame canada.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	939707

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey, go ahead blame us, we got big shoulders....

To those of us in the pit "brisket" and "pot roast" are mutually exclusive terms. I guess for those customers who don't BBQ it was necessary to point out that the brisket is boneless.

Also one of my many "rules of life" is - if you have to ask if what you are doing is a crime, it probably is.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here