Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Columbia, Someone's gotta know a good butcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Columbia, Someone's gotta know a good butcher

I checked the "know a good bucher" Canada section and there was not one listed in BC. I can't even find a butcher with briskets. Someone has to know somewhere. I'm in the Fraser Valley (mission/abbotsford area).

Welcome eddiecalder

Comment

How about Dressed To Grill? I don't know anything about them, found them through a Google search. Here's the address and phone number that's on their Facebook web page:

33365 1st Avenue, Mission, British Columbia
      Phone number is 604-820-9415

If you scroll down their page far enough you'll find a picture of a 17-1/2 pound brisket so it looks like they carry them.

Hope that helps and welcome to the pit!

Comment

Might help if I'd have included a link to their page, here you go:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

The on site selection is very limited (chicken breasts, steaks etc sasuage). No ribs or pork shoulders when I was there. I emailed them to see if I can order a brisket. The problem is that if I'm going to pay $8/lb I want to pick one myself.

It is possible the selection was limited when I was there. I did stop by after work so it is possible they sold out.

Comment

I'm probably just turning up places that you already know about but here's a Yelp list:

Top 10 Best Meat Shops in Abbotsford, BC - March 2024 - Yelp - The Mad Butcher, Karl's Meat Market, Rempel Meat, Meridian Farm Market, Davis Quality Meats, Neufeld Farm Market, High Point Meat Shop, LEPP Farm Market, Gelderman Farms, AAA Meats and Deli

Comment

eddiecalder Beefway Meats in Vancouver has packer's brisket in cryopacks available regularly for 7.68/lb double AA beef. They also will sell their own beef which is AAA and organic for the same price when they have it in stock.

A friend of mine sent a picture of a Korean butcher in langley for 5.49/lb I am trying to get the name and address for the place myself right now so will update this thread once I have it.

Comment

eddiecalder There must be lots of places in the Fraser Valley where you could buy a packer cut. I live in Kelowna and I know 3 butcher shops that carry them.

Comment

Originally posted by golferchris View Post
                  Guest There must be lots of places in the Fraser Valley where you could buy a packer cut. I live in Kelowna and I know 3 butcher shops that carry them.
                  The problem is that it's over $8/lbs everywhere I've looked in the Fraser Valley.

I found Cash n' Carry in Bellingham and found choice packers for $2.39/lb.

Comment

• Mp3gus
                    Mp3gus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I picked up prime packers at Costco in Kirkland WA for 2.99/lb on Sunday. I cleared their stock lol. I haven't checked bellingham yet though. I was in Renton so stopped in Kirkland on the way home.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here