Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket on sale at Metro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket on sale at Metro

From this weeks Metro flyer cryovaced whole packer briskets on sale until July 20
    May have to meander down the street and check em out
    Attached Files

Kaboom....12.5 lber for $50
    Superstore had them last week, maybe a bit smaller for $110 plus so I’m happy with this price
    Attached Files

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Like to but waiting two weeks for the grand daughter to visit....I need a lil helper

• Argoboy
      Argoboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Our Superstore has had whole briskets on sale for $3.99/# for the last month around here. In Canada meat is graded A,AA,AAA and prime if the animal is over 30 months old.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Argoboy ok I did not know that's how they're graded
      10-4 SS has had them for that price here too but like I mentioned sure weren't that price last week.

I was really worried at first when I saw the $5.99/lb in the ad. Felt much better once I realized that wasn't for the brisket.

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Well even at 5.99 still kind of a deal compared to the price last week and they say it’s only going to get worse

"Canada AA Or USDA Select or higher"...Select brisket ain't great. Is your AA more similar to USDA's Choice? In any case, cook her up good and share pics!

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the best briskets I ever made was a low $30ish wally world select. Just injected it and maybe got lucky. I was planning on chili, but it ended up being so good it all got served as sliced brisket.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Husky like most govt run entities up here who knows the meat grading system I certainly don’t. My guess is it’s most likely a US packer imported up here because of the USDA choice designation in the flyer. Why even mention that if it’s Cdn beef.
      Plus most meat cuts are ground into hamburger here🤭😑

Yea, let us know how it turns out

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you close to Fort Erie, may be worth a trip north
      With the exchange you could really stock up for $30-35 a packer unless that’s what your paying now.
      But then there’s the damn lineups at the crossings

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here