Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticker shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat prices are crazy right now. Want to share a website I found. Wildforkfoods.com. They have a great selection of meats and their prices are great. Like every where else right now, they have gone up a bit but not as bad.
    Worth checking out.

Comment

• leol2
      leol2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I use them all the time now and am quite happy. The variety is better than porter road

Beef is outrageous right now for us however pork such as chops and loins are not that bad. Ribs have crept up and haven't been on sale for some time.

Comment

According to the experts we will be seeig a period of inflation for the next 6 months. Also, because a huge percentage of our meat is processed by a single vendor, and that vendor has been ransom-wared, it will be especially acute with meat. That of course is temporary, but prices always go up faster than they go down.

Gas is in high demand due to things getting back to normal, so prices will be even higher than the normal summer high.

No need to panic and things should get back to normal before too long. Very few economists expect a long period of high inflation (such as in the 1970's).

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        I dunno, around here it seems if they get prices jacked up they don't come back down very much if at all.
        We're still on a complete lockdown up here, driveways are full of cars, very few driving yet gas prices are rammed right up there and expected to rise more now that the summer travel season is here.
        How much travelling we will be allowed to do is yet to be determined.

Tossed the Mexican t-bones on my gasser tonight, outta the fridge with salt n pepper, garlic and onion powder, Himilaian pink salt to keep the international flair to the cook.
      Got the gasser up to 600, sprayed the grills with Pam, on they went aiming for Medium Rare.
      Flipped every 30-40 seconds or so, finished with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.
      These steaks where very lean so I overshot M/R on one, the other maybe just a tad over M/R.
      At the table first tastes, no difference at all.
      Due to the leanness not a very juicy steak but still moist to eat.
      If you like to wipe your potato in the juices not your steak, hindsight being 20/20 I would pull them earlier to get the M/R and one would think keep them moister inside.
      Would I buy them again....yes, at $15 for two pretty good sized steaks compared to two fist sized strip loins for $35.
      latenight71 you are correct, its delicious if you get the right inside temp
      Argoboy send sis back to Metro and at least try them once

Comment

Food prices have been edging edging us since the start of the pandemic. A shortage of workers and truck drivers along with rising fuel costs are exasperating the problem.

Comment

Brisket is now $3.96/lb., Select or Choice. Wonder if the Angus brisket will be pushing $5.00/lb. next time it's in the store. Glad I got the 5 I'm cooking next Sunday, last week. We were at $2.26/lb. for YEARS.

I like when someone at work tells me they found a brisket at the store that was $50, and wonder if that is a good deal without giving any indication of weight.

Comment

I was at my local grocery for a few things today. As always, I checked the meat cases for anything interesting. Found a big package of whole wings for $2.49/lb and a nice looking Angus choice grade chuckie for $3.99/lb. I guess in today’s world I should consider those as "deals"? Of note is that the wings were marked down from $4.99/lb and the chuckie down from $5.99/lb. so I guess they were deals indeed. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

• rickgregory
              rickgregory commented
              Editing a comment
              I mean... how cheap do you expect food to be?

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope you jumped on em at those prices
              Could be triple next week

• Jfrosty27
              Jfrosty27 commented
              Editing a comment
              rickgregory
              Good point. In review, the prices I found today are in line with what I would consider normal. Thanks for the reminder. 👍

We've been scoring some great deals at Meijer grocery stores in the Cleveland area. My wife bought 40 pounds of pork butt the other day for a buck per pound. Smoked great yesterday!

Comment

Found baby backs today at Ruler's for 2.99 a lb bought 3.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here