Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harmony Farms (Southern California)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokinfatties
    replied
    eugenek heres a picture of the final product, they turned out excellent! I want to give those short ribs a shot next time!

Leave a comment:

• smokinfatties
    replied
    Nice!!! I am going to cook them up tomorrow! Will let you know!

Leave a comment:

• eugenek
    replied
    Here's a pic of those back ribs from this weekend.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_14353.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	120760

Leave a comment:

• eugenek
    commented on 's reply
    That's great to hear! A couple weeks ago he'd given me some wagyu back ribs to cook up for his employees and they turned out really good. So I asked him to order some more and he got a case from Harris Ranch (not wagyu, but meaty like you saw). I do have a soy-based recipe, but this one was the standard brown sugar and honey mix. It's definitely not 12 hours, more like 4.5. We can grab jmott7 and do some pork and beef ribs one of these weekends. Let us know how your cook turns out for you.

• smokinfatties
    replied
    eugenek took your advice and checked this place out today... Stoked I did!. I'm in highland park so not far. Been looking for some meaty beef back ribs and haven't had much luck. Got some of the Harris ranch meaty beef backs and am stoked on them! Will cook them up this week! He even had a few from a batch that you had smoked and given him. I mentioned you and the butcher was so stoked! Funny guy.

Dude- insanely good! The soy (I think) based sauce was off the charts. He said you smoked them for like 12 hrs?! Seemed a bit long but I'd be interested to learn your technique. Been struggling a little with beef ribs but I was taught a little different in Harry Soo's class.

Anyways, excellent butcher and reasonably priced! I get some of the broadleaf meat at cost from a buddy and his prices were super reasonable compared to that. Good recommendation.

Cheers!!

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    The best butcher market I have ever seen is Bristol Farms... They don't have wild game meat but they do have lots of extremely high quality meat with expert butcher services. I ordered a Prime grade Prime rib roast and asked them to debone it and trim the silver skin and fat and to tie it into a circular form for me... They said, yes Sir. I brined it with just salt for 24 hours. Then I wet brined it with a rub mix for another 24 hours. Then I smoked it very lightly at 225 degreess for 5 hours until it reached 115 degrees. Then I transferred it to my Big Green Egg and seared it to give it a dark mahogany brown finish and served it at 135 degrees. Bristol Farms is like the old fashion butcher shop... Check them out.

Leave a comment:

• eugenek
    replied
    That's great, I think I'm there almost every week now, doing my best to pay for his kid's college education. Stopped by today and he had some pork belly waiting to go in the freezer so I snatched it up.

Leave a comment:

• jmott7
    replied
    Thanks for the heads-up, Eugene. I hit this place the other day. I made tacos from venison stew meat (not very good--should have spent more for a better cut), and tonight I'm doing pheasant. Excited to try more from here.

Leave a comment:

• eugenek
    started a topic Harmony Farms (Southern California)

Harmony Farms (Southern California)

If you're around the Verdugos north of Glendale, you'll want to try Harmony Farms in La Crescenta. My main purchase is usually 3-bone slabs of short ribs—plenty of meat and good quality. They also carry the more uncommon meats like elk, kangaroo, alligator, and ostrich. The butcher's name is Sonny and he's a friendly guy.

Specialties: As you speed past Harmony Farms in your car, it might not be clear what we sell, so it may come as a shock as you step inside and find a specialty meat shop serving the kind of quality meats you'd find at a traditional butcher. Come to us for hormone-free and grass-fed beef and buffalo, and free-range turkey, lamb, and organic chicken. We also have the country's largest selection of all-natural, minimally processed game meats. You'll find everything from elk and venison, to pheasant and ostrich, and so much more. Stop on by and find out why customers, health food stores, markets, and restaurants have been coming back to us for over 65 years. Established in 1948. At Harmony Farms we have been providing high-quality meats and service for more than sixty-five years. Through that time, we've been providing health conscious consumers like you the very best in all natural meats, poultry, fish and wild game. We are a family-owned company where everyone truly cares about you, our customers.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here