Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best of the Best - Alexander's Prime Meats in San Marino, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best of the Best - Alexander's Prime Meats in San Marino, CA

Not only is this place recognized as the best it truly is awesome. It's is pricey, but when you are buying aged beef that is raised in California and only cornfed then it is worth the $$$$. After getting my meats from Alexander's anything bought at the grocery store has all the tenderness of the sole of a boot.

This is a "Old School" meat market with experienced butchers that know their craft. A rarity in SoCal.

Locally owned grocer & butcher shop offering curbside pickup or delivery from Howie's Market & Alexander's Prime Meats

Hmmm... I don't want to be a kill joy to your post but I find Costco to be the best VALUE in high quality meat. They don't do any dry aging but that step is pretty easy at home.

I just got a USDA Prime grade, 13.5 pound, New York roast that I'll cut into 2" steaks... For $109 - $8.79 per pound. I saw the same piece of meat at Von's the next day for $19.99 per pound for $270.

I'll stick to buying my premium meat from Costo...😎

Comment

Originally posted by Breadhead View Post
      Hmmm... I don't want to be a kill joy to your post but I find Costco to be the best VALUE in high quality meat. They don't do any dry aging but that step is pretty easy at home.

I just got a USDA Prime grade, 13.5 pound, New York roast that I'll cut into 2" steaks... For $109 - $8.79 per pound. I saw the same piece of meat at Von's the next day for $19.99 per pound for $270.

I'll stick to buying my premium meat from Costo...😎

Actually, you are being totally fair. Since I know the owner Mike he actually RECOMMENDS Costco meat (especially the Prime cuts) as a good buy when in a pinch for great meat.

That said, I thought this particular forum was for spreading the word about good Butchers in your local area to give a try.

If you are going to respond to every thread in this Forum with "Just buy Costco meat it's better" why have the forum?

But I guess that is none of my business.

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        I stand corrected...👌

• Strolan
        Strolan commented
        Editing a comment
        Breadhead, you are a good man. I now owe you a beer.
        Last edited by Strolan; December 18, 2015, 07:44 PM. Reason: Forgot @ again

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Strolan ...

The beers are on me...🍻

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here