Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco's D'Artagnan Berkshire Pork Locker Pack - Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco's D'Artagnan Berkshire Pork Locker Pack - Arrived

I've had my eye on this for a while from Costco's website - they offer a D'Artagnan Berkshire Pork Locker Pack. I did a cursory search on here and could find any references to it which honestly made me a little leery, but what the heck... I made room in the freezer and splurged.

Link provided above, but here's what they say it contains:
    • Receive Approximately 15 lbs of ABF Berkshire Pork
    • 8x - ABF, Center-cut, Frenched Berkshire Rib Chops
    • 1x - ABF, Berkshire Boneless C/T Pork Shoulder
    • 3x - ABF, Berkshire St. Louis Ribs
    • Shipped Uncooked & Frozen
    I looked on D'Artagnan's website to see how much these items would cost directly from them, and it looked like Costco's pack saves roughly $100.

I was getting concerned because mine shipped on Monday, expected delivery on Wednesday, but due to the weather across the country it just got here. I literally had my Thermapen in my pocket when I opened up the box, but was happy to find everything still frozen solid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	berkshire1.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	992331

The only bummer is the cryovac on that butt is loose. I'll be smoking that up next weekend. Defrosting some of the chops immediately to cook this weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	berkshire2.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	992332

I don't have much to compare it to - I've purchased some local Berkshire pork from a seller at the Durham Farmer's Market in the past and was very happy, but haven't been back during the pandemic. Pretty anxious to try this out, if it's as good as I hope we might just keep ordering these packs. I'm finding our family agrees its worthwhile to source better meat.

They do have quality products and anything heritage in a pig is about all I eat anymore. Enjoy brother !!!

Comment

Nice! The link you have doesn't seem to work.

Love heritage/berkshire/kurobuta

Comment

found the link for anyone that is interested.

Comment

Nice haul! Thanks for posting, gotta check it out.

Comment

I was a denier about heritage/heirloom meats and even fruits, but have had my mind changed after trying them soon to be beans if people are not lying to me about Rancho Gordo! But really, simple things like chicken and oranges are so much better when you look for heirloom.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
            FishTalesNC commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, had our first heirloom chicken not long ago. Picked it up at Trader Joe’s. Darn tasty.

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            I was skeptical about rancho gordo as well but omg are they good

• Backroadmeats
            Backroadmeats commented
            Editing a comment
            You should get a comparts duroc from me to try. I agree the breed is important but years of good genetics like they have make for some amazing pork.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here