Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kroger butcher tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kroger butcher tip

I talked to the butcher @ Kroger this week. He said I could order virtually any beef/pork cut and grade with about a 4 day turn around time. I specifically asked about cryovac brisket packers in the 12-14 pound range and if he'd know what the packaging date was. He said, "No problem".

Now, I haven't ordered one, but will soon. I'll let you know what the result is.

My Niece's husband has been a butcher at Krogers for over 20 years. He tells me the same that I can order any grade of meat from them. I just tell him what I want and takes care of it.

Comment

I am in Walmart country, there are really no grocery stores so I am stuck with them, Sam's Club (which is Walmart anyway), or a local butcher. I use the local butcher for less ordinary things, and I like supporting local guys, but their prices are ridiculous. A full packer choice from the is almost $150, Sam's is about $50.

Comment

i halve used krogers for many different cuts of meat they halve never let me down they can tend to be a little pricey on soom things but the quality has always been spot on

Comment

Another tip from Krogers. If they are having a sale on say steaks but only in family pack, ask the butcher shop to cut your steaks to order say 1 or 1 1/4" etc etc and as long as you buy the equivalent to a family pack you can get the sale price. Now this may be butcher dependent so don't go raising hell with the manager if the butcher says no. Just ask another butcher later. :-)

Comment

Kroger used to have the best meat available from a grocery store not so long ago but I think they have slipped in recent years but I still buy some cuts from them especially chicken, their boneless skinless chicken breast are always good.

Comment

Here in Las Vegas there are no Kroger "branded" stores. They operate as "Smith's"... same-same water buffalo.

The head butcher at my local (Kroger) Smith's store will get me anything I want as mentioned in the original post.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                It's also Ralph's and Fred Myers. I'm in SoCal so,it Ralph's.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here