Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco Prime brisket price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco Prime brisket price

My Costco in Connecticut had whole PRIME brisket today for $3,99/lb.

Love meats and fish at Costco!

Comment

Wow. I may have to go back to mine and check. I just noticed a huge increase in beef prices at Costco - $2 to $3 a lb per cut regardless of grade. Pork and chicken prices have remained constant.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Out here in the People's Republic of California we have super extra special meat inspectors with their super extra special meat stamp and super extra special fees that raise the prices for our super extra special meat. And eggs and gas and milk and lumber and dirt and air and......
        Last edited by CaptainMike; October 14, 2019, 03:04 PM.

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        CaptainMike - Don't forget the water. I live in the County. No meters here, yet. I have heard horror stories from people in town who have received $500+ monthly bills (from a typical bill of $25-$50) to water a small lawn because they "deviated from the neighborhood average and historical baseline". What the heck? One person said they received a fine the second month they were monitored. How can you have a baseline in your second month?

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        tbob4 I think it would be tough, even in TPRC, to meter private domestic wells. I know there's talk of the government placing ground water into the public domain, but that's a long, steep legal climb. Also, except for what evaporates or is carried offsite, almost all of our water use goes right back into our source. Pretty damn efficient recycling.

Prime packers have been $3.99/lb for a while here in Northern Virginia for a while. I haven't done brisket in a while. Hoping to pick one up to smoke this weekend.

Comment

$3.99 a pound here and that price has been pretty steady for a while. Kinda weird but a couple weeks ago they had about 6 packers in the case and they were all on the small-ish size (10-12 lbs). A few days ago I was there and they were all very large, around 18 lbs. I would expect a mix of sizes but I found it odd that it was either all small ones or all big ones.

Comment

That is about right. I think it is $3.29 a pound at my local Costco. It was about $2.89/lb in the past, but I have not seen those prices in a while.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahahaha, I didn't even notice. Yeah, what are they feeding those cattle. LOL tbob4

• Polarbear777
            Polarbear777 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep. Under $3 in the past. I think those days are gone.

My Costcos haven’t had whole ones in months anyway.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, unfortunately, I think you are right. Polarbear777

Comment

• au4stree
            au4stree commented
            Editing a comment
            That's just brilliant marketing.

Be kind, I'm an old man who forgot to put on my reading glasses before I started typing!

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            I forgot to put mine on when I read the post originally. It's how I saw $3.99 as you intended. Not trying to say we are both old...but.....

Did you buy the brisket? Please say "yes" and post photos of the cook. I'm looking forward to it.

• DonQ
            DonQ commented
            Editing a comment
            I did buy it. I'll let it sit in the fridge for a while, then sous-vide it and finish on the Primo.

I almost got a 19 lbs one yesterday but I don’t have room to store it in my fridge or freezer. I went with the baby back ribs and they’re smoking now for dinner.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Sometimes you just have to get after it.

• Loren
            Loren commented
            Editing a comment
            I can never pass up the biggies when I see them...it's a weakness. Costco also sells freezers in the warehouses...

I picked one up this winter for $2.99 per pound - a 13 pound prime packer.

I'll be smoking it for the Michigan vs Michigan State tailgate.

Comment

I wish we had a Costco closer than 2.5 hours away! Waaah!

Kathryn

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Our Costco serves a huge region. Some come from that distance about once every two to four months. They bring the big pick-up truck and stock the heck up.

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw this out in Montana. People rolling in there with coolers in their pick ups. I am sure they are coming from 100+ miles. In Montana, that is considered "Close". tbob4

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Spinaker , believe it or not, 100 miles is close for some here, too. Northern CA is very rural. The Costco here is really big - CaptainMike will appreciate this - Much bigger than Redding's. The coolers are in abundance and ice is a must. People shop with two of the big orange carts instead of the customary single large shopping cart.

My Costco still has none. Used to $3.29 I think.

Sams has had a ton at $3.68lbs. I’m over Costco.

Comment

• Loren
              Loren commented
              Editing a comment
              Last time I asked the manager of my warehouses' meat department, he told me there was a hiccup in the supply line - one of the main processing plants caught fire and was damaged. this also happened when the supply of beef is recovering from the summer, which further exacerbated the shortage.
              Last edited by Loren; October 14, 2019, 06:05 PM. Reason: I forgot an apostrophe.

• Santamarina
              Santamarina commented
              Editing a comment
              Historically, my Costco (Temecula, CA) has always had a dozen+ Prime briskets at any given time. Late this summer I went in to find zero. The butcher let me know they get their Prime deliveries Thursday nights, so I went that Friday morning just after the store opened...they had four, and one was just a flat (always had full packers).

The last few times they’ve had more - thankfully! - but still never more than 5-6 any given day. Hope the supply line gets repaired for everyone!

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Santamarina It’s been a little while since I’ve been to Costco. Last time their prime beef selection was pathetic. I was over it then. Perhaps I’ll check back soon. Still have a sams packer in the garage fridge though.

Can’t wait to check out our new CT Costco to see how the meat is

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Good idea! They have some great prices and choices.

Time to see whether those prices made their way into NYC, LOL...

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              What do your briskets go for at Costco?

• Bumby
              Bumby commented
              Editing a comment
              Usually about $6-7 a pound for Prime at the one near me. Not awful under the circumstances but I do pay for the cost of doing business in NYC.

My local Costco usually has Prime Brisket for $3.69/lb. I’ve seen it as low as $3.29, and as high as $3.89, but both of those we one time prices. It’s always the cheapest per/lb beef in the store!

Because if it’s low price I’ve started using Prime brisket not just for barbecue, but for many other dishes for which I’d normally use a different cut - Italian meat sauce, birria tacos, pot roast/stew, chili, and more!
            Last edited by Santamarina; October 14, 2019, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here