Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let me apologize to the state of NJ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me apologize to the state of NJ...

I have been bitchin’ and whinin’ for the entire 4 years I’ve been on this site. First it was, oh I can’t find full packer brisket anywhere. Wah. Then it was Wah!I found it but it’s so expensive. And finally boohoo it’s so unfair that we can’t get cheap Prime packers like everyone else on this site. The northeast sux blah blah blah. God! How did you put up w me??

Well guess what??? I finally figured out where they’ve been hiding. I found Prime Packers for $3.79/lb. That is almost half the price of the Choice ones I’d found before AND I can choose between 5 or 6 rather than taking whatever the guy brings out from the back room. My friends, you need to find a Costco Business Center. They let you use your regular membership- you don’t have to own a business!!!

Suffice to say, I’ll be cooking more brisket now. Below was my first Prime ever. Best, most moist brisket I’ve cooked. 💪💪💪

Oh! I also found a guy selling Fogo. So now I don’t have to pay shipping. It’s excellent. I forgot what it’s like using quality lump. I’ve been making due w the cheap stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	99E383C5-8BBF-4CFB-A321-9D75366B8D4B.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	747861

Click image for larger version

Name:	9C5F0FBF-0FE6-4928-A94B-21FCD5FC028E.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	747860Click image for larger version

Name:	326E0155-8746-4909-A5F3-B486C432BD96.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	326.7 KB
ID:	747862

Yup that's the real deal. Congrats on finally scoring, keep up the good work !!!

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks T-man!

It's been tough and I've only had to listen for the last year and a half!
    Just kidding! Glad you found a solution. Always feels good right? Nice looking brisket, bet it tasted even better than it looks.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      🤣😂

Congrats. but I think I mentioned that the business centers carried briskets several years ago. Good lookin' hunk o' meat though.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t tell me that 🤦

That is one gorgeous barked up brisket! Congrats! I shared your exact lamentation of no good Prime packers anywhere for a long time. Meijer had flats only, but at $8/lb, no thanks. And I found Snake River Farms way too expensive for my circumstances & preferences, and that was back before 3 price inreases.. Then I found a Costco two hours south of me that had them (courtesy of Powersmoke_80 ), okay cool now I can get them but 4 hours driving ain't cool. Then my local Sam's 1/2 hour away started stocking them. So I'm a happy camper too. It's nice when things roll in your favor once in awhile.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. The Costco Business Center is about 30 mins. Absolutely worth it!!!

I think NJ should apologize to you And you to me for leaving me out in the cold.
    Maybe next time.
    But you can get FoGo with free shipping from either David Parrish and directly from FoGo.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm years ago I called them directly and they would only sell a palate. Welp, let me know when you wanna go to Hackensack. Trust me, it’s well worth it.

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      You got it brother. 👍👊👊

About yer whinin & complainin, we knew it comin in. I mean look at yer avatar. Would we expect anything else. Apologize to NJ, how about the Pit, all million and a half of us. Just remember, the next time you start shedding tears we ARE going to refer back to this post. Have a nice day! 🕶
    Last edited by FireMan; September 25, 2019, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      you always have that manic stare on your face, so it's hard to take anything you say seriously

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      😂🤣🤣😂😭😭😭😭😭

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee It always scares the heck out of me.

!!!! Costco business center here i come! I want to do a few briskets before the cold sets in.

EDIT: Wahhh! I need to go all the way to Hackensack, lol. Damn northeast!
    Last edited by grantgallagher; September 25, 2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahaha

I have been wanting to try a Costco Business Center for a while now. Hopefully next week I will be by one and will definitely be bringing a cooler with me.

Comment

What exit?

Born and grew up in the fine city of Passaic.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Haaa. I live in Rockland County NY. Not to far from Passaic.

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Hackensack

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        JCBBQ Padovano family name ring a bell?

JCBBQ Thanks, unfortunately the closest Costco Business Center is 227.75 miles away from me. I won't go more than 225 miles for a good brisket.

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol

Well good for you. Great. You get cheap full prime packers and we're out of cheap whine! 👊

Comment

😂 👏👏👏

Comment

Glad you found a source.
          Brisket is hit or miss here too, mostly miss.
          Been doing chuckies all summer so don't know if the situation has changed at my source.

Comment

dang! Hackensack too far from Bridgewater...

Comment

• JCBBQ
              JCBBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Bummer. They don’t have any Business Centers closer?

• Jon Liebers
              Jon Liebers commented
              Editing a comment
              appears there is only one in NJ

• JCBBQ
              JCBBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Jon Liebers next time I go I’ll check in w you to see if you want one. I’m in Jersey City. About 45 mins from you. It’s a little closer....

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here