Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Costco full packer briskets for five months!!?!?!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Costco full packer briskets for five months!!?!?!!?

Local Costco is telling me Costco is switching suppliers or something, and it will be FIVE MONTHS before we get any more full packer briskets.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sam’s Club.

Comment

• wcpreston
      wcpreston commented
      Editing a comment
      Trust me; we're looking into it!

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve had a couple prime packers from Sam’s, they were good.

That’s a long time with no briskets!

Comment

My last couple trips to sams came up empty. One of the local restaurants buys every single one when they come in. At least that’s what they tell me??

Comment

Imma hit my local Costco tomorrow and see if I can get a couple.

Comment

That's situation normal up in these parts.
          Only one store in my area sells full packers and even then they don't even know when they're going to get them in.

Comment

Oh no!!! I was at my local Saturday and they had a large stock, as usual. Hope they get things figured out sooner than later!

Comment

Ours only had flats...I asked about full packers and I was told they weren’t getting any in.

Comment

I wake up every morning and thank my lucky stars that I live in Texas. They sell them in the 7-11s here. "Oh honey, can you run down to the convenience store, pick up a gallon of milk, a dozen eggs and a 16# Prime full packer for me please?"

Just messin' with ya wcpreston, just consider SRF or some other online source to tide you over. You'll be ok, take a deep breath. Inhale, exhale. Now don't you feel better?

Comment

Time to break out the chuckies.

Comment

• Bkhuna
                  Bkhuna commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never done a chuckie. Think I'll bump that up to the top of the list.

• ColonialDawg
                  ColonialDawg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Poor man’s brisket point. It might be better than brisket. *ducks while typing*

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Git a rope. lol

I will need to go check with my Costco and see if that is the case here. If it is I am glad I just got a new meat freezer that I can fill up.

Comment

Well that's crappy. I buy all my packers at Costco. I have seen them at the local WalMart Super. Never checked them much though, but if that's the case I may have to go there if the meat drought is going to happen at Costco.

Comment

• RayD61
                    RayD61 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The ones I found at our Walmart’s are choice cuts.

• wcpreston
                    wcpreston commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Same here. And something gets in my craw about buying brisket from Walmart

• AverageJoe
                    AverageJoe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Which I find as odd. Sams Club is owned by WalMart so you would think that the meat would be the same. On Sams Clubs website it says they carry prime brisket
                    Last edited by AverageJoe; June 21, 2019, 10:08 AM.

Two thoughts...

1) This is Costco being Costco. Sometimes this happens with all the products they carry, and it can be a bit maddening.

2) This is a prime (pun intended) opportunity for you to explore local butchers as an alternative. Costco briskets are great in my opinion, but I found a local butcher who had even better because it’s fresher. If they weren’t so dang far away, they’d be getting all my brisket bucks.

Comment

Lots of good alternatives presented here. The main issue for me is that Costco’s Prime packers are the cheapest cut of beef anywhere around by several dollars/lb. Very rare to find beef on sale under $3.79/lb, which is the typical price at my Costco.

Comment

You poor thing. My Costco won't be carrying full packer - let alone Prime - for 5 lifetimes. The Northeast sux sometimes.

Comment

• Rfhd69
                        Rfhd69 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That sucks. Hang in there brother!

• wcpreston
                        wcpreston commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I can feel your sympathy for my problems. LOL

• JCBBQ
                        JCBBQ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        wcpreston 😂🤣😂🤣

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here