Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco Business Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco Business Center

Anyone purchase their meat at a Costco Business Center instead of Costco Wholesale? Am wanting to cook beef short ribs and the business center has USDA Choice for $3.79 a pound for a 16 pound average weight.

Thomassen I've moved this from the Pit Barrel Cooker channel to the Member Reviews > Butcher & Meat Suppliers > Big Box Retailers channel.

But to answer your question I have no experience w/ CBC, only regular Costco, but not short ribs there.

Comment

There are only 10 or 11 business centers nationwide, (the last time I checked), so you may not get much response. I have been they do carry some different cuts, but I don't know if they are sourced from different suppliers.

Comment

I get my meat from Costco Business, prices will be about $.20 less from CBC. I get picnics, chicken thighs, ground beef, & briskets from there. I like it better than restaurant depot way more organized and shorter lines. You also get more meats as opposed to Costco Wholesale.

Comment

I've bought meat from CBC. They do a lot more case sales at CBC and some stuff is only available that way though I usually find what I want in the "small" quantity I want. Only "Costco" I've found rib tips at. They also sell whole pigs. As someone else pointed out, it's usually a bit cheaper. Haven't been in one in about 6 months as my "local" Costco started carrying a lot more prime packers, tri-tips etc.

Comment

Thomassen I buy most of my meat from costco business center last 2 years. In my area the business center has exact same meats for $0.10-$0.20 less per pound plus a whole lot of other meats. I have bought their short ribs a few times. You will get a few bones that only have fat but at 3.79/lb you will be able to work around them. Initially they did not carry prime briskets but they told me they sold well after testing and decided to continue stocking them. I have been happy

Comment

Now in the 21st century, it is very easy to find courses or special schools that will help you develop different skills. After I passed a special business school, which I found here onlytradeschools.com, I learned how to select a profitable product and at the price I need. I refused to take meat in any centers, as I learned that it is not profitable. Now I buy exclusively from suppliers as they have the most favorable price. I buy a few kilograms of them, I leave a small part, and sell the rest to small restaurants. Try to find a meat supplier and negotiate with him about buying meat for yourself.
              Last edited by OlegKirlov; February 11, 2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here