Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya'all are nuts except Breadhead and whoever paid $7.99 for a packer in Virginia. I was in my Costco today in FOuntain Valley, ca. I scored on mislabel pork belly, but they had three whole packers at "Choice" were $8.69lbs. Huskee this is what I was talking about. Ehh.. emmm... no thank you.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah unless I drive 2.5hrs to my 'nearest' Costco, briskets go for about that here too. They're currently building a Costco in another city, only 1.5hrs away, so that's good for my brisket future...IF they carry them. First world problems.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I live 3 miles from the #1 volume Costco store in America.🤗 Costco uses that store in Torrance, Ca as a testing facility for all kinds of new products and ideas.

• smokinfatties
      smokinfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes they will mislabel a packer with the code for trimmed brisket which is $8/lb. Probably the same guy that mislabeled the belly as loin chops!

From what I've heard, prime grade beef is at a shortage in the summer. Cows tend to get butchered earlier in the corn finishing process which leads to not as good grading and a lower supply of prime... leading to higher prices. I paid $3.69/lb for a prime packer that's usually 2.99. Ribs were also closer to $4/lb than the usual $2.99.

If they trim the briskets to a flat or sometimes they'll do a comp trim and leave on the point, the prices go up to $7.99/lb or more. Do it yourself and get the practice, and save $15-20.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      And use the fat you trim off to make Meathead's world famous beef love!!!

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      The grocery was doing some nonsense with the ribs around the 4th. Racks of BBR for $8.99/lb, but buy 1 get 2 free. So, really more like $3.10 a pound. Next week, $2.99 a lb per rack, no freebies... Shady.

Wow!! wish I was an American!! I paid close to $40.00 for an 8 lb. brisket at our butchers!! But it was awesome tasting

Comment

Originally posted by redshield3 View Post
      HawkerXP I have not, I am now planning a trip out there. I'm in 7 corners area so its a bit of a haul.

Just wanted to pass along... the leesburg costco had prime packers as of this monday for $3.99/lb. Thanks a million HawkerXP

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad I was able to help.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here