Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

East Coast Costco members lookin' for prime briskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Only been in the Fargo ND, COSCO Store Once! They did Have Prime (Gobby) Briskets in the Case! I didn't check the Price❓ Frankly I Wasn't That Impressed with the Appearance of their Meat❓ I had a Bratworst at the Lunch Counter and "left without a Membership"! On the Way Home I went by Prime Cut Meats and Picked Up a Few Dog Bones and 2-3 Steaks❓ Cost a few $.01's More but those Boys Need to Eat Too!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	3.53 MB ID:	318596Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	2.15 MB ID:	318597
    Attached Files

Comment

I got a call form the Costco meat dept. today. The man I talked to said that they now have prime briskets. I asked if they were trying them or stocking them all the time. He said that they were selling welll and that they were going to continue stocking them as long as they sold well.

He also said that he found my name and number while looking for something and figured I'd want to know they now had them.

Comment

• Pequod
        Pequod commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe he could call his counterparts in Fairfax?

I was in Costco in Pittsburgh (Cranberry for locals) on Sat 5/12. Only Choice flats. I'm going back Wednesday, I'll ask them.

Comment

Was in the Pittsburgh Costco and spoke with the meat manager. He said the demand just isn't there and all he gets are the flats.

So, any Pittsburgh locals, if you happen to be in the Cranberry Costco, maybe ask them to stock them. Zman23

Comment

• Zman23
          Zman23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Sephon, I work with someone that goes to cranberry Costco. I'll have them keep an eye out for me.

We have seen them a few times now at the Leesburg Va store. I am in Savannah Ga for awhile and no local Costco around here.

Comment

Glenn Mills, Pa only choice flats so far.

Comment

My Costco in Memphis only carries the choice flats also. I was in there about 6 weeks ago and caught one of the butchers that was on duty and asked him if I could order a prime full packer brisket and he said no and that they only get prime briskets when corporate sends them to the store, they never know when that is going to be. He also said that as soon as they put them in the meat case they don't last very long at all so you just have to be lucky enough to be there when they put them out to be able to get one. He also told me that they have told the higher ups that they would probably sell very well if they could stock them but that fell on deaf ears.

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              vandy - you could try emailing customer service. I did that about a month before they appeared in my local Costco. But it could have been coincidence...

• vandy
              vandy commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I tried that some time ago and never heard anything back from them about it so oh well I guess.

If they stop in Minnesota, See ya later Costco. This is really the only reason I have the membership. I can find cheap shoulders and ribs somewhere else. But PRIME packers are another story.

Comment

Raleigh, NC Costco now has prime packers! 3.69/lb. They've also got choice/prime flats, and prime ribeye/strip/filet/flank/short rib. Guess who just bought a membership I'd been checking every few months for the last year, what a happy day!

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice!

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven't seen short ribs yet...

Rejoice, for I bring you good tidings of great joy!

Costco in Fairfax, VA now has prime packers at $2.99/lb. I repeat, COSTCO IN FAIRFAX, VA NOW HAS PRIME PACKERS!

The butcher poked his head out the window while I was debating whether to buy all of them or only some of them (wife was there, so we know the answer...one), and I showered him with praise and gratitude as tears flowed from my eyes. I think he was wondering whether to call security.

Comment

• Sephon
                Sephon commented
                Editing a comment
                Lucky Dog!! Was in the Pittsburgh (Cranberry) Costco yesterday. Only Choice flats.

• Pequod
                Pequod commented
                Editing a comment
                This was my first sighting of prime packers in the wild after 24 years in Northern VA!!

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats! We've has them in Leesburg Costco most of this year. Things are looking up in VA!

Live in South Louisiana. Been to the Costco's in New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Lafayette and all sell prime packers.

Comment

• Pequod
                Pequod commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, availability is regional. It’s only recently that prime packers have become available in selected stores on the east coast. To spot them in the wild in Fairfax County, VA is a MAJOR breakthrough.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here