Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone use a pressure cooker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone use a pressure cooker?

We made pot roast yesterday and we used the pressure cooker and it turned out good. Old time comfort food.

Sure do! Just made sauerkraut and spareribs 2 days ago.

Comment

We've got a few topics about using pressure cookers, Argoboy

I'll risk being ridiculed here but just had to share. My wife recently bought an electric pressure cooker. This thing puts out some GOOD food! This past

I have a 6 qt Instant Pot that I love using. It's fast and the results are good. I use it about once a week.

Kathryn

Comment

Yep, use it often enough. Makes the best rice ever: 1 part good white rice to 1-1/2 water. We have an electric on which is easiest for this, so we put it on browning setting, toss in some butter melt and brown the rice until it's translucent. Add water and a teaspoon to a tablespoon of salt. Cover and set to high pressure. Once at pressure, 3 minutes, then shut it down and let it rest for 7 minute. Release pressure, take off the lid and stir it up.

Comment

I use one often! Very handy tool to have around.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here