Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>>>Pork butts 98¢ / lb. at HYVEE !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>>>>Pork butts 98¢ / lb. at HYVEE !

Jus' came home from PPO* at HYVEE, saw they have Hormel Always Tender pork butts for 98¢ / lb.

Young butcher feller that helped me with all my other needs said he thinks thru Sunday.

I bought zero tonight, cause fridges are packed for now, so I checked with my neighbor, whose upright garage freezer I share... got th' green light, so I'll prolly lay in like 4-6 in th' mornin', after my free breakfast. (Still have 3 over there, plus one in my fridge.)

Thought mebbe y'all might wanna stock up, if HV is available to ya.

* Protein Procurement Ops
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 10, 2016, 09:51 PM.

Aren't those the "enhanced" butts I've seen at Hy-Vee? You could probably smoke them if you don't inject any more salt, but they're useless for sausage.

Comment

I've always had an attraction to an enhanced butt. Heck, i've been enhancing mine for 50 years. I only use pork loin for sausage, plus added fat, of course.

I believe I have my issues fixed as to posting pics, but I think I will refrain from any enhanced butt sharing photos. Thanks for the post, Mr Bones, as HV is my main store around here. Unfortunately I loaded up on the same sale a couple weeks ago.
      Last edited by Shane Rakow; November 11, 2016, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Snicker!

Great price Mr. Bones! After moving I'm trying to convince my wife that we need a freezer. I'll wear her down over time, but I've bought a lot of gear lately that she saw during the move.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't ask what it was like moving a chest freezer and its contents (it was full) over a period of 3-4 days and about 400 miles. It was a success, though. ;-)

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        EdF yikes, that had to be a challenge. Congrats of pulling it off!

MattTheGR8 , Although I'm a lil' unclear on th' 'Enhanced' definition of your question, I will attempt to provide a clear, concise answer.

Th' label states :

"Contains up to 12% added solution of water, potassium lactate, sodium phosphates, salt, sodium diacetate."

Hormel's website for this product is here. Complete with nutritional info, etc.

1> I'm hopin' this answers your question. If not, please feel free to elaborate...
      2> I'm not makin' sausage, least not yet!

Sláinte!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 11, 2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• MattTheGR8
        MattTheGR8 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's exactly what I was concerned about, they've already injected it with salt water. I prefer to buy unadulterated meat and screw it up in my own special way.

That's exactly what I was concerned about, they've already injected it with salt water. I prefer to buy unadulterated meat and screw it up in my own special way.
      Thanks for the response, MattTheGR8 , I wholeheartedly understand, and agree with your preference.

I would love to learn about 'your own special way(s)', past, present, an' future! That's why we're all here, yes?

'Unadulterated meat' be summat between 'hard to find', and 'Unobtanium', here in Hicktown. We'uns do th' best we can...

Jus' wanted t' make sure I was QRK 5 with your question

Best regards to you, an' yours!

Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 11, 2016, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Bought 4 of the HV butts today, might grab some more tomorrow lol!
        Too busy cookin' now t' go to th' store again.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here