Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regliner
    replied
    I've had pretty good luck as far as consistency and price at Costco, but I generally hit Cash N Carry for my meat. Not sure if it's just a local place for me, but prices, selection, and quality are usually better. Just last weekend I got St Louis cut ribs for $1.89 a pound.

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    replied
    Count me in the Costco fan group. Brisket is the only issue - sometimes they have none & often only flats (that aren't, of course, cryovac'd). And I've occasionally been able to find a brisket cheaper at a local meat market, but when I do it's usually a 12+ whole packer. The steaks I posted the other night were Costco prime and a comparatively good price. Now that I've finally got my FoodSaver opened, I'm going to buy a whole rib eye from Costco, which is $2/lb less than buying their precut steaks, and carve it up myself.

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    commented on 's reply
    Looking at it online, isn't it only for restauranteurs?

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by Ernest View Post
    Agreed, my only complaint is that they don't stock beef short ribs!! I have to drive 30 minutes just to get a rack

Based on the pics you've posted I think you're doing the 30 minute short rib drive justice

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    Agreed, my only complaint is that they don't stock beef short ribs!! I have to drive 30 minutes just to get a rack

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by az_que View Post
    I also like costco the quality/price combo is hard to beat; a local (skilled) butcher will have better quality but the price will be much higher. I find the costco meats to be superior in quality to the other chain grocery stores.

Exactly. The quality might be a little higher, but it's not worth the price difference.

Leave a comment:

• az_que
    replied
    I also like costco the quality/price combo is hard to beat; a local (skilled) butcher will have better quality but the price will be much higher. I find the costco meats to be superior in quality to the other chain grocery stores.

Leave a comment:

• FLBuckeye
    replied
    Am a big fan of Restaurant Depot

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    started a topic Costco

Costco

IMHO you cannot beat Costco for consistent quality at a good price. I especially like their prime beef. Like any market, you should go through all the meat and pick the cuts with the best marbling (especially if you buy choice grade beef).

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here