Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Day at Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Day at Costco

Finally hit it right on our 120 mile one way trip to Costco. First off nice thick Sword Fish steaks. I have never seen them at our Costco, great for the grill. Next I was looking for Prime brisket and they only had a few choice flats in the case. Turned around and there was their butcher with a cart full of Prime full packers. He asked me what i wanted and said definitely a Prime. He said that there were two in the pile that really caught his eye. He located them and said either of these. They looked great and i grabbed one. We bought lots of other stuff too. Best of all at checkout we had a $390. rebate voucher. We got out of there for a hundred bucks. Sometimes timing is a great thing, doesn't usually work that way. We also got some nice whole crabs for a crab pickin dinner tonight.

👏👌👍
    Nice score Pitmaster!

Comment

Way to go Capn’! It’s always good to ask the butcher what you need if you don’t see it in the case. Last year I was looking for some beef ribs, there was none in the case. I tapped on the clear door and one of the butchers came out and I told him what I was looking for. He said hold on and came back a few minutes later with some ribs for me.

Comment

I just scored some nice beef ribs from my BIL’s
        deli. $2.99 lb salted and into the fridge to begin the process for Bonesy weekend.
        Nice score Capt!

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! Beef ribs for $2.99? It pays to have connections. Nice score. 👍

• Smoke n Beers
          Smoke n Beers commented
          Editing a comment
          SCORE! Cook um up! Enjoy.

Very nice, I hope it was a pleasant trip as well.

Comment

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Comment

Winning

Comment

Road trip🛣🛤🚙🚙.

Comment

Nice job! Got to love that rebate check!

Mrs. H came home with some massive pork chops from Costcow.. like +2" thick!

Comment

• captainlee
                  captainlee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We got a flat of them too. Really thick, looks like a butterfly grill or low and slow. They are good we have gotten them before. Great foe stuffed pchops.

Good job! I was at my local Krogers yesterday and in the manager special section scored 2 Prime Ribeye steaks (3 lbs total), 5 Prime Filets (2 lbs total) and a Choice Flat Iron Steak (1.4 lb) for about $80.

Isn't it great to find good deals. Love my Krogers.

Comment

So, what you are saying is that you took one of the two prime brisket from the same Costco that I shop, which is on my list for our Saturday shopping trip... Sounds all in all like a score. I used to say walking into Costco was an automatic $100, but lately it is closer to $300..

Comment

• tstalafuse
                    tstalafuse commented
                    Editing a comment
                    captainlee That is the store we typically go to depending on what other stops we have to make. Sometimes the one out on Powers is more convenient. The good news is that in speaking with the meat market manager, they received new stock daily. We are in there every other week and still manage to spend between $200-300 without adult beverages. I never can seem to figure what we are buying so much of..

• tstalafuse
                    tstalafuse commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just thought I would mention that Costco had plenty of prime briskets at $3.49/lb. We also some how managed to get out with spending only $150. I have no idea what we must have forgotten.

• captainlee
                    captainlee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You did good today, glad you found a prime. You forgot lots of stuff !!!!

He Shoots! He Scores!!

Comment

Nice score! 120 miles one way and I thought our trek to Wegmans and Market Basket (55 miles one way) was a big deal.

Comment

• captainlee
                      captainlee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes we have three Costcos to choose from, each one is over 100 miles one way. No issues, the price you pay for living here in the mountains.

Costco today had 8 - 10 prime full packers. On the smaller side. I got a #10. $3.49 lb
                    Also picked up my six bags of Kingsford. .50 lb
                    and they had Kirkland generic pellets #40 - $12.95. (Oak cherry hickory maple blend)
                    Last edited by Alan Brice; March 10, 2023, 10:50 AM. Reason: maple not apple

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here