Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Brisket at Costco in Jacksonville, FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Brisket at Costco in Jacksonville, FL

My buddy called me from Costco this morning and reported that Costco had zero packers today. The end is near.

It sure feels like we're nearing a catastrophe, and there are no serious people in charge.

Comment

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB Same here!

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Good one RonB!

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      OK, I want in too.

It'll be OK, got 45 pounds of full packers in the fridge.

Comment

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, but isn’t that just a normal weekend for you?

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Sid P last couple years been very slow, and I ain't complaining

Used to be I could count on a dozen+ Prime packers any day of the week at my local Costco - and they were $2.99-3.29/lb. Starting a couple years ago the price jumped up over $5/lb and there were a couple times they were out of stock.

Things have settled a bit. They’re down to $3.99/lb and though they usually only have 3-4 it’s been quite some time since they were out of stock.

So, for a while I thought the end of the world was near, but now it seems to have been pushed back a bit.

Comment

That is not right. They should have saved you a Prime Packer Brisket.

Comment

Hoarding remains a problem. My Costco can run out by Sunday but they replenish stocks during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Good View Post
          Hoarding remains a problem. My Costco can run out by Sunday but they replenish stocks during the week.
          That strikes me as an odd, victim-shaming thing to say. It seems that the problem is rising inflation, supply chain disruptions, officials saying that if Covid comes back there will be more lockdowns, and looming food shortage (as stated by the president). People buying extra to prepare for the uncertainty is not the main problem in my opinion.

Comment

• Max Good
            Max Good commented
            Editing a comment
            Hoarding is not the only problem, but it is still a problem per the Costco meat department.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
            DogFaced PonySoldier commented
            Editing a comment
            They say the same thing about ammo - I'm not sure I buy it. People aren't buying dozens of briskets to freeze. Even if you buy 2 or 3, I don't think I'd say there are enough people doing that to affect things in a regular and widespread way.

I was at my local Costco on Friday and they had 12-15 prime packers for $3.99/lb. Best price I’ve seen in a year, at least. And best stockpile, too.

Comment

They go in and out of stock often at my Costco. Some days they will have a few and other days they don't have any. We are usually there a couple times a week so if I plan ahead a bit I am usually ok. When I find a good one (15ish pounds with a thick flat) I usually grab it to stash in the freezer.

Comment

I’ve never been to our Costco in the 6 years we’ve had a membership that they didn’t have at least 40-50 Prime full packers and just as many Choice til now.

Comment

Damn, you apparently live in brisket heaven. The average for mine is probably 10 onhand, they usually only have prime, and it’s not unusual for them to be out.

Comment

• hoovarmin
                hoovarmin commented
                Editing a comment
                Sid P this is the Deep South

I picked one up this last weekend to cook over memorial day weekend and there were only 5 when I grabbed mine. I choose the smallest one and it was 19#.

Comment

• radshop
                radshop commented
                Editing a comment
                The smallest? Wow. I'd guess 19# is about the biggest I've ever seen at my Costco. 11-17 is the typical range here.

St. Charles, IL, today Click image for larger version  Name:	20220524_125806.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.66 MB ID:	1225912

Comment

• Sid P
                Sid P commented
                Editing a comment
                👍 It’s always nice to find a small one.

Funny thing about Costco brisket…Choice is always more expensive than Prime.

Don’t understand.
              Don’t want to understand.
              Just want to enjoy Prime grade beef at a low price!

Comment

• Draznnl
                Draznnl commented
                Editing a comment
                Choice flats are more expensive than prime packers at my Costco. I assume that is because they’ve been handled by a butcher somewhere along the way. I don’t think I’ve ever seen choice packers there.

I experienced the "no packers" at Costco today in Davenport, IA. Luckily the local Hy-Vee grocery had a few USDA choice briskets at $2.99/lb leftover from the weekend. Score 1 for the good guys!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here