Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco brisket prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco brisket prices

Just before the 4th, I noticed a huge jump in brisket prices at the local Costco. Instead of the normal $3.29/lb or so, it shot up to $5.99/lb. Then yesterday I saw this: American wagyu brisket prices less than prime!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210711_124414.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	1058996

This weekend at the Costco in Colorado Springs the whole packers were $5.99 for Choice grade and $8.99 for the Choice flats.. I would have still paid the $5.99 if they had been prime.

Comment

Prime brisket $4.98/lb on Friday at Costco here. That’s down from $5.99/lb when I was there two weeks ago. Still way up from past times but heading the right way!

Comment

I would have definitely bought the Wagyu! $5 a pound for prime brisket at my local Costco which was the same price as choice IIRC.

Comment

My wife does not care for brisket, but I woulda bought that wagu hunk o' meat.
          Last edited by RonB; July 12, 2021, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I paid $4.98 a pound for a prime packer that was just under 18 pounds on Saturday at Sam's. I was hoping to wet age a while, but I was just informed that the gathering I'm cooking it for has been moved up to Thursday evening. Oh well.

Comment

been seeing prime for less than regular quite a bit lately on beef, ribs however are 6.75 a lb now, in hog country!!!!!

Comment

I remember when Corona was $0.25 a bottle.

Comment

• JGo37
                  JGo37 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've bought McGoo at 7 cents each. Let's see who knows where that was..

• Potkettleblack
                  Potkettleblack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pretty sure corona is free for the asking, outside... ;-)

• Deaf Arty
                  Deaf Arty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just saw this post and comments. JGo37 I used to get Sam McGoo in the Philippines and Okinawa when I was stationed there. Don't remember the price, but it sure was cheap.

My question is about the Wagyu - will that be / is that common? I'd have to try that at almost any price, let alone at a bargain. I'm familiar with how American Wagyu was sourced and bred here - there's so many scenarios. Purebred line, mixed with local cattle... I wonder too how to tell what Costco is actually selling.

Comment

• PBCDad
                  PBCDad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I saw it at Costco maybe 2 months ago. It's been there off and on since then. They had maybe 3 Wagyu briskets when I took that picture. If you had asked me 2 months ago, I would have said it'd be nice to try but I wouldn't spend that much on a brisket when I can get Prime for $3.29...

Last brisket I purchased from Costco was a prime packer at $2.99 / pound.

Comment

My local Costco has had Prime brisket at 2.99/lb for darn near a year (3.29 before that). Then recently, just as you experienced, it jumped to 5.99/lb. A $45 packer now cost $90! Still some of the cheapest beef around, but I def got spoiled with the low prices.

Didn’t see any wagyu last time I was there, but I’ll keep an eye out for it next time.

Comment

Not seeing any packer briskets at Costco in NY. If anyone does please shout it out.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                      Dewesq55 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The Costco Business Center in Hackensack (about 2-3 minutes off of I-80) Usually has them - prime, too. I haven't been in some time, but it's where I'd go to find them if it were me. You don't need a business membership. Any membership will work. They have a giant walk-in refrigerated room with the meat and produce in it.
                      Last edited by Dewesq55; July 22, 2021, 03:11 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here