Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco brisket prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco brisket prices

Just before the 4th, I noticed a huge jump in brisket prices at the local Costco. Instead of the normal $3.29/lb or so, it shot up to $5.99/lb. Then yesterday I saw this: American wagyu brisket prices less than prime!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210711_124414.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	1058996

This weekend at the Costco in Colorado Springs the whole packers were $5.99 for Choice grade and $8.99 for the Choice flats.. I would have still paid the $5.99 if they had been prime.

Comment

Prime brisket $4.98/lb on Friday at Costco here. That’s down from $5.99/lb when I was there two weeks ago. Still way up from past times but heading the right way!

Comment

I would have definitely bought the Wagyu! $5 a pound for prime brisket at my local Costco which was the same price as choice IIRC.

Comment

My wife does not care for brisket, but I woulda bought that wagu hunk o' meat.
          Last edited by RonB; July 12, 2021, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I paid $4.98 a pound for a prime packer that was just under 18 pounds on Saturday at Sam's. I was hoping to wet age a while, but I was just informed that the gathering I'm cooking it for has been moved up to Thursday evening. Oh well.

Comment

been seeing prime for less than regular quite a bit lately on beef, ribs however are 6.75 a lb now, in hog country!!!!!

Comment

I remember when Corona was $0.25 a bottle.

Comment

• JGo37
                  JGo37 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've bought McGoo at 7 cents each. Let's see who knows where that was..

• Potkettleblack
                  Potkettleblack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pretty sure corona is free for the asking, outside... ;-)

• Deaf Arty
                  Deaf Arty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just saw this post and comments. JGo37 I used to get Sam McGoo in the Philippines and Okinawa when I was stationed there. Don't remember the price, but it sure was cheap.

My question is about the Wagyu - will that be / is that common? I'd have to try that at almost any price, let alone at a bargain. I'm familiar with how American Wagyu was sourced and bred here - there's so many scenarios. Purebred line, mixed with local cattle... I wonder too how to tell what Costco is actually selling.

Comment

• PBCDad
                  PBCDad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I saw it at Costco maybe 2 months ago. It's been there off and on since then. They had maybe 3 Wagyu briskets when I took that picture. If you had asked me 2 months ago, I would have said it'd be nice to try but I wouldn't spend that much on a brisket when I can get Prime for $3.29...

Last brisket I purchased from Costco was a prime packer at $2.99 / pound.

Comment

My local Costco has had Prime brisket at 2.99/lb for darn near a year (3.29 before that). Then recently, just as you experienced, it jumped to 5.99/lb. A $45 packer now cost $90! Still some of the cheapest beef around, but I def got spoiled with the low prices.

Didn’t see any wagyu last time I was there, but I’ll keep an eye out for it next time.

Comment

Not seeing any packer briskets at Costco in NY. If anyone does please shout it out.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                      Dewesq55 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The Costco Business Center in Hackensack (about 2-3 minutes off of I-80) Usually has them - prime, too. I haven't been in some time, but it's where I'd go to find them if it were me. You don't need a business membership. Any membership will work. They have a giant walk-in refrigerated room with the meat and produce in it.
                      Last edited by Dewesq55; July 22, 2021, 03:11 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers because temperature control is so much easier.

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

Blackstone Rangetop Combo: Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, grilled cheese, and so much more. And why deep fry indoors when you can avoid the smell and mess by doing it outside!

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Green Mountain’s portable Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it’s also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Davy Crocket from your smart phone or laptop.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Groundbreaking Hybrid Thermometer!

Thermapen One Instant Read Thermometer

The FireBoard Spark is a hybrid combining instant-read capability, a cabled temperature probe, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. We gave Spark a Platinum Medal for pushing the envelope of product capability while maintaining high standards of design and workmanship.

Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review

Comprehensive Temperature Magnet With 80+ Important Temps

Amazingribs.com temperature magnet
                  Winner of the National BBQ Association’s product of the year award. This 8.5″ x 11″ magnet contains more that 80 benchmark temperatures for meats (both USDA recommended temps as well as the temps chefs recommend), fats and oils, sugars, sous vide, eggs, collagens, wood combustion, breads, and more. Although it is not certified as all-weather, we have tested it outdoors in Chicago weather and it has not delaminated in three years, but there is minor fading.

Click here to order.

Grilla Pellet Smoker proves good things come in small packages

We always liked Grilla. The small 31.5″ x 29.5″ footprint makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, as on a condo patio.
                  Click here for our review on this unique smoker

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. Four-way venting means it’s easy to set up for two zone cooking with more control than single vent Kamado grills. It is beautifully designed, completely portable, and much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado.

Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360

Click here to order directly and get an exclusive AmazingRibs.com deal