Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the significance of Costco's tenderizing its prime beef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the significance of Costco's tenderizing its prime beef?

What's the reason Costco tenderizes it's prime sirloin? I would think prime would not need it.

I have NO idea why Costco does this. Perhaps we should start a write-in campaign to encourage them to stop.

Comment

I’ll bet the answers is......cuz that’s what we’ve always done with everything else.

Comment

Not only does it serve no purpose, it actually makes the meat potentially unsafe to eat unless cooked well done. Granted, the risk is slight, and if it is just me, I wouldn't worry and I'd throw the dice, but I'd never serve it medium rare to anyone.

Comment

The solution is to simply sous vide the steaks and then you can serve them at 135.

Comment

• Polarbear777
            Polarbear777 commented
            Editing a comment
            I do this too but we shouldn’t have to for prime beef.

Well like Ron White always said, "you can't fix stupid"

Comment

I quit buying at Costco. Mainly for the lines and hassle but the meat tenderizer is a close second. I don’t get it. Maybe it just make better cooks out of those with the cash. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

That’s pretty much why I only buy while vac sealed subprimals there. It seems pretty dumb to blade tenderize prime steaks. A year ago I saw a bunch of steaks that didn’t have the warning, so thought maybe they were stopping. Now I wonder if they just forgot to label those I saw.

Comment

The potential contamination carried from steak to steak. Uggghhhh

Poultry is 165 internal regardless of how many holes you put in it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here