Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoenix area butcher/meat shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoenix area butcher/meat shops

Hobe meats, 6044 N. 16th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85016 good meats, great steaks. can be pricy. I use groupon coupons to bring the price down. Reminds me of Midwestern meat shop.

The Meat Shop, 202 E Buckeye Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85004 great pork, locally raised. small shop so they don't stock to much. they do special orders though.

Schreiners sausage, 3601 N 7th St, Phoenix, AZ 85014 home made sausage, good quality. I like their Polish kielbasa.

I know others exist so if you know of any and have a review please share.

For the Phoenix area, you can't beat The Pork Shop, 3359 E. Combs Rd, Queen Creek, AZ 85140 (theporkshop [dot] com). When I lived in the valley, I shopped there regularly. They butcher on Mondays and Tuesdays, and sell the rest of the week. So? Go there on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest for the best choice. They also make fantastic bacon and smoked sticks.

If you happen to be in the Flagstaff area, we just got a new meat shop that's outstanding, Proper Meats + Provisions, 110 S. San Francisco St, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 (they're on Facebook; they also have a website address (propermeats [dot] com), but it wasn't working just now. They butcher and sell only locally raised beef. The shop is owned by the peeps who own Brix and Criollo, two great local-food restaurants here in Flagstaff.

Comment

Great video of the place, and the product. I will stop in there when I work out that way next time. the place is over an hours drive from my North Phoenix home.

Comment

You won't regret the drive. I lived in Grayhawk, and it was about an hour for me. Try to find a Wednesday (1st choice) or Thursday (2nd choice; don't bother on the weekends) where you can "arrange" your work schedule and head down there around 9-10 am, after the rush on the Superstition. The drive could be a bit faster now. When I was making it, Ironwood Dr south to Combs was a 2-lane POS. A new 4-lane road was being built right next to it. Of course, with the 202 open now, there may be a better way to get down there.

Comment

go east on the san tan 202 then head south onto state route 24, which dumps onto Ellsworth which takes you down to Queen Creek. I am actually going down there this weekend. I will swing in and check it out.

Comment

checked out the Pork Shop in Queen Creek, they have great pork products and they weren't sold out. I picked up some sausage, bologna, bacon. the bologna reminds me of bologna when I was a kid in Minnesota. Prices were fare. To far to drive if that's the only reason I am going. So from time to time I will stop if in the area.

Comment

The Pork Shop! I buy my Christmas Crowned Pork here. Awesome! You tell em how big diameter you want (mine was a 23 bone - 26" diameter) and they'll make it happen. Take it home and brine overnight. Smoke it for 3-4-5 hours and sit back to hear the raves...

Comment

• Ozric
                Ozric commented
                Editing a comment
                Their pork tastes SO good...

And you make it sound even BETTER!

You're not from A.J., are you?

I pick up work out that way just to go by there and buy meat

Comment

I recommend going to eatwild dot com. You can located farms in your area that you can buy direct or through a wholesaler. They list how the animals are fed and raised. I found several located in and around the Phoenix area that I am looking into

Comment

• The Burn
                  The Burn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very cool resource

If you are on the west side of phoenix, sun city area I suggest Al's Meat market. 107th ave and Union Hills. All of his meats are shipped from Iowa from corn/grass feed farms. Normally gets all of his shipments on Tuesday. Extremely fresh meats beautiful coloring. He can special order meats by request. Have been going to him for years. So if driving to the east side is tough give Al and Trudy a call. Address: 18700 N 107th Ave #21, Sun City, AZ 85373
                Phone (623) 933-6400

Comment

An Outstanding Valley Meat Purveyor and Easy-To-Get-To!

French's Meat Shoppe
                  Top-Rated Butcher shop
                  7851 E McDowell Rd · (480) 949-8911

Owner Dick Liddy and family operate this magnificent butcher shop in Scottsdale.

Take a look here: https://frenchsmeatshop.com/about/

Then take a drive to Southeast Scottsdale, just off the 101; exit McDowell Road then find them just West of Hayden Road on the South side of McDowell (just about directly across the street from Lowe's Home Improvement.)

Christmas dinner for the family last year was one of their full-plate short rib sections.

Everyone is still talking about it!

Be sure to check their website first prior to heading there; they keep the website up to date, but right now their listed hours are:
                  Tuesday - Friday 9:00am - 2:30pm • Saturday 9:00am - 12:00pm
                  •Sunday - Monday Closed

If you want super-premium meats they have you covered.

But is also nice that they carry other items like amazing sausages, poultry and a host of other items that are very reasonably-priced by any standards.

Great products, great people, fair prices.

There are other fine meat markets in the Valley, but French's Meat Shoppe belongs on everybody's list of "must shop there" for a top-rated butcher shop in Arizona.

(No, I am not connected with their business in any way; I just admire their work ethic, their quality products and service to customers.)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here