Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet Our Editor, Dave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Our Editor, Dave

Meet David Joachim, our new Editor effective 9/1. No, I am not retiring, I just have finally come to grips with the fact that I am not getting the job(s) done and that I need help. David will start out with cleaning up the many typos and helping make our articles read better, writing short synopses for many articles, editing new content coming online, writing new articles, syndicating our content, and just making us look and sound more polished. Your support has made this great new addition to the team possible. Here's the official release:

David Joachim (sounds like rock ‘em) has authored, edited, or collaborated on more than 45 cookbooks, four of them on barbecue and grilling, and his Food Science column has appeared in Fine Cooking magazine since 2011. He’s a perfect match for a website dedicated to the "Science of Barbecue and Grilling."

His credits include The Food Substitutions Bible and The Science of Good Food, both winners of International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) Awards. The Science of Good Food also won a World Gourmand Award for Best Food Literature Book, a Cordon D'Or Award for Best Culinary Reference Book, and was a finalist for a James Beard Award in the Best Reference and Scholarship category.

His "A Man, A Can..." series of books has sold more than one million copies (and no, they’re not about beer can chicken). Among his many other titles are The Tailgater's Cookbook and Pure Pork Awesomeness, co-authored with Top Chef fan favorite Kevin Gillespie. His books Mastering the Grill, a New York Times bestseller, and the recent Williams-Sonoma Grill School were both co-authored with award-winning cooking teacher Andrew Schloss. He also helped edit the IACP Award finalist Meathead: The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling.

His writing and tips have appeared in national publications such as USA Today, Better Homes & Gardens, Cook's Illustrated, Relish, Prevention, Fitness, Self, Men's Health, Women’s Health, and Bicycling. He has made numerous national appearances on television and radio.

Since high school, Joachim has also enjoyed a second life as a drummer in various blues and rock bands in the New York City and Philadelphia areas. He has performed in several New York City clubs such as The Village Gate, The Bitter End, The China Club, Le Bar Bat, and Mercury Lounge, among others.

He is also the former food editor at Vegetarian Gourmet magazine, but please don't call him Potatohead.
    Attached Files

Welcome David!

Comment

Welcome, David. And great to hear, Meathead ! I'm glad you are able to get some assistance!

Comment

Welcome to AmazingRibs.com. I look forward to reading your "stuff".

Comment

Welcome to The Pit David. I look forward to your contributions to an already great site.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Enjoy the fun!

Comment

Welcome, Welcome!

Comment

Cool deal. Looking forward to seeing David's own intro.

Comment

David Joachim Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
                  Glad yer comin' in fer th' assist, on behalf o' MeatHead!
                  Lookin' forward to hearin' more from ya'!
                  (An', NO! Mine ain't typos; I really talk this way LOL! Move along...

Comment

Welcome aboard, David. Watch out for Meathead ... his "B" and "Q" keys tend to stick ... not sure if it's a mechanical problem or just excessive sauce ..

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Anyone whose name rhymes with ROCK 'EM! has gotta be one kick- editor! Welcome!

Comment

Welcome David. We won't hold the Vegeterian Gourmet thing against you, since we're all slurping meat eaters here, but you knew that coming in. Looking forward to you straightening things out for ussin's. Work hard, eat good & have fun, we do.

Comment

Hello and congratulations from Huntington Beach. Given your credentials we will overlook the vegetarian thing.

Comment

Welcome aboard from Baltimore, Md! 😎

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here